• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Montgomery doesn’t cost a pick so I’d prefer him over Snell. 

That's been my position since day one.  I haven't soured on him, I just see where longevity may be a question mark.

I'll say this much, in my search to find the best possible value while focusing on the pitch modeling data from last year its become clear that having the money to potentially throw it all at Corbin Burnes is key.  He's the best chance they have at getting a Zach Wheeler return and unlike Wheeler he nay have a preference for the west coast.

Seriously, barring injury Corbin Burnes stands to excellent.  

The Baltimore duo of Grayson Rodriguez and Kyle Bradish likewise should keep Orioles fans happy for a while.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

There are some guys that with interesting underlying numbers still out there.

please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen please say lorenzen 

Yes, actually...  He's one of them.  

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Clevenger

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's been my position since day one.  I haven't soured on him, I just see where longevity may be a question mark.

I'll say this much, in my search to find the best possible value while focusing on the pitch modeling data from last year its become clear that having the money to potentially throw it all at Corbin Burnes is key.  He's the best chance they have at getting a Zach Wheeler return and unlike Wheeler he nay have a preference for the west coast.

Seriously, barring injury Corbin Burnes stands to excellent.  

The Baltimore duo of Grayson Rodriguez and Kyle Bradish likewise should keep Orioles fans happy for a while.

I think his curve is the best in MLB. I'd prefer him over Cole, and wouldn't be shocked if he gets that much money or more.

15 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Clevenger

The Angels need a for sure theng, someone that doesn’t geve up dengers, so ef you want to fenger a target, you should seng the praises of a real renger.

Es that really Clevenger?

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I think his curve is the best in MLB. I'd prefer him over Cole, and wouldn't be shocked if he gets that much money or more.

You may be pleased to hear that pitch modeling rates his curve at 160, second in MLB to Sandy Alcantara who comes in at 161.  The guy in third comes in at 153. The gap between Burnes at 160 and the 10th best guys (Seth Lugo/Merrill Kelly 121) is massive.

Now that you are probably pleased to see some new fangled data that jives with what you see let me harsh your mellow...  Know what pitcher in MLB best combined the stuff on his Curve with his location last year?  

Tyler Anderson at 143.. 

Anderson's curve and change up were both really good offerings.  He may not be the disaster he looked to be last year moving forward.

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You may be pleased to hear that pitch modeling rates his curve at 160, second in MLB to Sandy Alcantara who comes in at 161.  The guy in third comes in at 153. The gap between Burnes at 160 and the 10th best guys (Seth Lugo/Merrill Kelly 121) is massive.

Now that you are probably pleased to see some new fangled data that jives with what you see let me harsh your mellow...  Know what pitcher in MLB best combined the stuff on his Curve with his location last year?  

Tyler Anderson at 143.. 

Anderson's curve and change up were both really good offerings.  He may not be the disaster he looked to be last year moving forward.

I actually like TA. I think he could be the best #5 SP in MLB, which I get has a ting of criticalness to it.

TA obviously doesn't have the fastball someone like Cole has to better setup his off speed stuff. 

I want Snell, with the qualifier that it wouldn't prevent us from getting Burnes. 

Good to see everyone isn't hating on Anderson yet. Last year was rough for him but he's never really been that bad. I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in 2022, but think he can return to being at least an average mid-rotation guy.

And frankly, if he gets to a point where he has an ERA sub-4 this July, should probably try and move him.

50 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Good to see everyone isn't hating on Anderson yet. Last year was rough for him but he's never really been that bad. I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in 2022, but think he can return to being at least an average mid-rotation guy.

And frankly, if he gets to a point where he has an ERA sub-4 this July, should probably try and move him.

For whatever reason, he averaged 4 BBs per 9 innings in 2023.

That from a guy with a career average through 2022 of 2.5 BBs/9 innings.

Was the coaching telling the pitchers to not attack the strike zone much?   This staff has been near the bottom of the AL the past 3 years in walks allowed.

Edited by Angel Oracle

58 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He doesn't have to be 2022 good to help....just somewhere between 2022 and 2023....which isn't unrealistic....