• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

We know of 1….and there’s plenty of money in the budget. 

I just look at it as building a team within the budget. So I’d probably rather have a guy like Montgomery and Belt than Bellinger and Lorenzon. 

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

I would stay away from Snell & Bellinger. This is not the year to give up draft picks.

Yea I’ve said you only sign one if you also sign a player that creates the depth that allows you to trade for a prospect with equal value to a 2nd round pick. 

4 hours ago, CartiHalos said:

I still think he's the Mariners to lose.  He's from Seattle, been there all offseason, and the Mariners have been salary dumping all offseason with nothing to show for it.

But the Mariners have been crying broke, with their TV mess.

Their provider moved Mariners games into a higher subscription tier and the M’s will likely have to takeover broadcasts themselves (and the costs associated with that).

I think the Snell thing is dumb because, from the sounds of it, teams are all waiting for Snell’s price to drop.

But then when it drops, all these teams are gonna come in, bid against each other, and raise his price back up.

If you want the player, offer him the $180-$200M it’s gonna take and get him.

19 minutes ago, mmc said:

Did you forget your meds again?

Lot of players left, more than a normal off season. Many teams cutting back on payroll so could be bargains to be had as time gets closer to ST. Supply and demand, only time will tell. Maybe get Lorenzen on 1 year deal instead of 2 year deal.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:57 AM, HBAngel13 said:

I hope the Angels are taking a look at Rhys Hoskins. He could probably be had on a high AAV pillow contract.  From what I understand, he would provide some coverage at 1B and not totally clog the DH spot. Would also be a great deadline trade piece if we aren’t in contention.  If healthy, he is probably in the ballpark with Soler and Martinez. 

I am also on board with signing Rhys Hoskins to a pillow deal. Serta, Casper, or Tempur-Pedic would make the  most sense.

Also the Angels should sign him to a short-term deal.

With Artes history to pay for bats and not go the extra mile for pitchers I would not be surprised if two weeks from now Bellinger is an Angel. Not saying that’s the right or wrong move because I really don’t want to give Snell a 5-6 year deal but it’s just something I can see Arte approving. If that were to be the case and assuming we only have about $50million or so left to work with in payroll Perry would have his work cut out for him to improve the rotation. Would most likely have to come from a trade… 

2B-Rengifo

1B-Schanuel

LF-Trout

CF-Bellinger

DH-Drury

Would be a fun start to a lineup… 

4 hours ago, BTH said:

But the Mariners have been crying broke, with their TV mess.

Their provider moved Mariners games into a higher subscription tier and the M’s will likely have to takeover broadcasts themselves (and the costs associated with that).

Ms bought out Root and now own their broadcast rights as well as those of the Blazers and Kraken.  That ownership group is just cheap and awful.