• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I read Imanaga has to have the deal done by the 11th, but not just the deal, the physical and all that comes with the process. 

The writer said he'd probably need to sign today or tomorrow to have enough window. 

Today or tomorrow might be a little aggressive, but it does mean he needs to get it done a few days ahead.

I’m thinking Monday or Tuesday.

34 minutes ago, Russell Feathers said:

I agree. I wouldn't mind 5 leftys in a rotation, if they were all good. I'm a big fan of lefty starters. Rightys are great when they have a power arm, but average rightys get rocked. I always hate seeing the Angels sign Joe Blanton types who are going to have a 4+ 5+ ERA.

Fixed

4 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

But to play along I’d Sign Imanaga and then send Sandoval & Evan White to the Red Sox for Jansen (+cash) and a couple of their top 20? prospects. 

Do they need a 1st Baseman/DH? Or depth?

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I think we should be adding to the rotation, not making lateral moves. I only consider trading Sandoval or Detmers if we're getting a legit moto bat in return. 

But that's just my opinion.

I think trading one is ok if you sign two. Otherwise, no. I would trade Sandoval, but not Detmers. 

Been on the Imanaga train all offseason. It's the best idea out of all the starting pitching options (depending on Montgomery's price...) 

Silseth's stuff plays better out of the bullpen anyway, even though he was a bit better as a starter last year. Or you could gamble and deal Sandoval for a bat or another RH SP.

28 minutes ago, ScottM said:

Been on the Imanaga train all offseason. It's the best idea out of all the starting pitching options (depending on Montgomery's price...) 

Silseth's stuff plays better out of the bullpen anyway, even though he was a bit better as a starter last year. Or you could gamble and deal Sandoval for a bat or another RH SP.

He had better numbers/peripherals as a starter.