• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bellinger would solve outfield quality depth, he plays great defense at 1st and CF, he bats from the left side, he’s 28.  Again for 6 years I would do it. 

It seems a little weird that a 28 year old would consider a 6 year deal.  Who PLANS to hit free agency at 34?

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It seems a little weird that a 28 year old would consider a 6 year deal.  Who PLANS to hit free agency at 34?

Someone not getting the deal he thought he would get. I don’t actually believe this is true. I’ve heard from someone today that we are in on Montgomery.  

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I love how you complain about being stuck in a purgatory of being mediocre and yet every suggestion you have is more or less doubling down on being mediocre.

I do not complain about being mediocre, they are not that good. I'm for adding young players to ones they have and building around them. I'm against long term contracts as they have not worked. My direction for this has been the same build around young players. Adding huge payroll to this team in my opinion is dumb. Adding players to 1 year deal that you can flip at deadline is what I would do. Angels missed a golden opportunity by not trading Ohtani. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not complain about being mediocre, they are not that good. I'm for adding young players to ones they have and building around them. I'm against long term contracts as they have not worked. My direction for this has been the same build around young players. Adding huge payroll to this team in my opinion is dumb. Adding players to 1 year deal that you can flip at deadline is what I would do. Angels missed a golden opportunity by not trading Ohtani. 

Oh I get it now.  Sign Brandon Belt and then trade him for two top 100 prospects at the deadline.  Now it makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Someone not getting the deal he thought he would get. I don’t actually believe this is true. I’ve heard from someone today that we are in on Montgomery. 

Waiting GIF

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm sure they're in on a lot of guys.

But the big questions in any free agent pursuit is whether the Angels are willing to pay up and if the interest is reciprocated.

Edited by BTH

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Oh I get it now.  Sign Brandon Belt and then trade him for two top 100 prospects at the deadline.  Now it makes sense.

Belt would be good insurance for Schanuel in case he struggles. Schanuel could develop more in minors. Anything halos would get could help their farm system because it is not very good right now. Everyone wants a quick fix to Angels it's going to take time. 

5 minutes ago, BTH said:

I'm sure they're in on a lot of guys.

But the big questions in any free agent pursuit is whether the Angels are willing to pay up and if the interest is reciprocated.

They are at this point because the offer is a legit offer that will be either accepted or used as leverage to go back to Texas or a team in contention. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They are at this point because the offer is a legit offer that will be either accepted or used as leverage to go back to Texas or a team in contention. 

So you're saying they've made a legit offer? In that case, that answers the question of if the Angels are willing to pay up.

Joel Sherman just wrote today that Montgomery is "aiming to top" the $172 million that Aaron Nola got.

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

So you're saying they've made a legit offer? In that case, that answers the question of if the Angels are willing to pay up.

Joel Sherman just wrote today that Montgomery is "aiming to top" the $172 million that Aaron Nola got.

Of course he is, he’s a Boras client. But I hope the Angels don’t go that deep with him. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

No thank you

Sub .300 career OBP, not many XBHs the past 2 seasons, meh defense, age 35 RHH

No better than a 4th OF at this point

OBP yeah I guess, his career OPS is fine though, he had nearly 50 XBHs in 92 games last year (14 more than Trout did AND Duvall had less PA), average defense is more than some other FA candidates can say, and don't really mind he's 35 if it's a 1 year deal.

5 minutes ago, CartiHalos said:

OBP yeah I guess, his career OPS is fine though, he had nearly 50 XBHs in 92 games last year (14 more than Trout did AND Duvall had less PA), average defense is more than some other FA candidates can say, and don't really mind he's 35 if it's a 1 year deal.

I do not like Duvall high K rate as extra OF. Angels have 4 now and unless a trade for extra OF and cheap I take Travis Jankowski. Good glove OBP last year was 357 with 19 SB and only caught 1 time. Again depends if halos trade an OF. 

9 minutes ago, CartiHalos said:

Yeah, I've actually warmed to the idea of adding Duval because he can play all three OF positions and has enough pop to help in that department as well. 

25 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Yeah, I've actually warmed to the idea of adding Duval because he can play all three OF positions and has enough pop to help in that department as well. 

I think if we are expecting Duvall to give us 80-90 games then we are fine and hes a solid depth piece id be happy with but if we are expecting Duvall to play 120-150 games then we are f*cked.