• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

40 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

People blame Boras and that he manipulates everything. He works for his clients to get them the best possible contract. He is very good at his job. 

If I was a baseball player Boras would be my agent.

Just a rumor/speculation, but since there's absolutely nothing else going on, I figured I'd post:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

"Jan. 2: Could Mariners make a move for Cease?

At first glance, the Mariners don't seem like the most obvious suitor for White Sox right-hander Dylan Cease. Seattle's starting rotation ranked fourth in MLB in 2023 with a 3.89 ERA, and the Mariners have substantial young pitching depth in Bryce Miller, Bryan Woo and others.

But according to MLB Network insider Jon Morosi on Tuesday, Seattle can't be overlooked as a trade destination for Cease, who finished second in American League Cy Young Award voting in 2022. After the December deal sending Tyler Glasnow to the Dodgers from the Rays, Cease -- with two years of club control remaining -- is the biggest name on the current trade market.

According to Morosi, the Orioles -- whose need for starting pitching was apparent during an ALDS sweep at the hands of the Rangers -- are a top suitor for the right-hander. But the Mariners could move to acquire Cease as part of a larger plan. Still looking to add to its offense after signing Mitch Garver to a two-year deal, Seattle could acquire Cease and then trade Miller or Woo in a deal for a hitter, Morosi said.

There is still a chance the White Sox choose not to deal Cease before the 2024 Trade Deadline, but MLB.com's Mark Feinsand reported in December that Cease is expected to be moved this offseason. If so, don't sleep on the Mariners as a potential landing spot."

40 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just a rumor/speculation, but since there's absolutely nothing else going on, I figured I'd post:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

"Jan. 2: Could Mariners make a move for Cease?

At first glance, the Mariners don't seem like the most obvious suitor for White Sox right-hander Dylan Cease. Seattle's starting rotation ranked fourth in MLB in 2023 with a 3.89 ERA, and the Mariners have substantial young pitching depth in Bryce Miller, Bryan Woo and others.

But according to MLB Network insider Jon Morosi on Tuesday, Seattle can't be overlooked as a trade destination for Cease, who finished second in American League Cy Young Award voting in 2022. After the December deal sending Tyler Glasnow to the Dodgers from the Rays, Cease -- with two years of club control remaining -- is the biggest name on the current trade market.

According to Morosi, the Orioles -- whose need for starting pitching was apparent during an ALDS sweep at the hands of the Rangers -- are a top suitor for the right-hander. But the Mariners could move to acquire Cease as part of a larger plan. Still looking to add to its offense after signing Mitch Garver to a two-year deal, Seattle could acquire Cease and then trade Miller or Woo in a deal for a hitter, Morosi said.

There is still a chance the White Sox choose not to deal Cease before the 2024 Trade Deadline, but MLB.com's Mark Feinsand reported in December that Cease is expected to be moved this offseason. If so, don't sleep on the Mariners as a potential landing spot."

Looks like the MLB writers are just as bored as we are with this piece. Doesn't make sense for the Mariners to trade for Cease at all. 

Man, this has been a lackluster offseason.. but hey, January and the first couple weeks of Feb is typically a dead month for baseball content and discussion so maybe we'll have something to actually talk about soon. 

I think Anthopolous has been absolutely brilliant this winter. Losing Vaughn Grissom hurts because I think he's going to be legit, but they've been able to do what they're doing now precisely because of how well run they are.

They developed guys like Acuna, Albies, Strider, Harris and Riley and then traded for Olson and Murphy and then Anthopolous did what every GM should be doing, which is signing each and every one of them to lucrative yet team friendly extensions. This creates an extremely talented, cohesive unit that can be upgraded here and there by taking on guys like Chris Sale or even David Fletcher. 

I hope Minasian follow suit by exploring extensions with guys like Sandoval, Detmers, O'Hoppe, Neto and Schanuel. 

2 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Per Twitter:

The #Angels have hired Robert Tarpey as Minor League Medical Director.

Tarpey previously worked for the Mets and Blue Jays.Believe this is a new position within the organization.

— Good thing I guess? 

Tarpy worked in the A's in the outfield seats. 

Sorry for a bit of a tangent, but this has been on my mind for sometime, so I’m just putting it here instead of starting a new thread because you know all these sides are the same thread.

Salmon and trout are closely related species both belonging to the same family of fish called Salmone. They share many similarities in terms of their appearance, behavior, and habitat preferences.

One common ancestor gave rise to various species within the Salmonidae family, including salmon, trout, and other fish like char and grayling. This common ancestry is the reason why salmon and trout share several physical characteristics, such as their streamlined bodies, adipose fins (a small, fleshy fin between the dorsal fin and tail), and the presence of scales.

As for the mention of angels, it's worth noting that salmon and trout are sometimes referred to as "angel fish" due to their beauty and grace in the water. However, this is not a biological or scientific term but rather a nickname given by some people who appreciate these fish.

In summary, salmon and trout have a close evolutionary relationship as members of the Salmonidae family, sharing common traits and characteristics. While they may be called "angel fish" by some, this is more of a descriptive term used to highlight their aesthetic appeal.”