• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CBS News: Dodgers 1st, Angels 18th likeliest teams to land Shohei Ohtani

Taylor

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I just don’t see it with the Dodgers. They just gave their DH a two year extension, and they need starters. They also haven’t given a free agent anywhere close to the money Shohei is going to get. You are talking 3 times what Freeman got. 

Did they resign JD Martinez? Dodgers recent history they do not do long deals. Betts was the exception. They find players for cheap JD Martinez, Jason Heyward and develop so many young players. I see them going after Tim Anderson and some pitchers. They win every year so why spend 45 to 50 mill on 8 to 10 year deal on Ohtani. I really think he might end up with Texas. The numbers he could put up in that lineup.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Did they resign JD Martinez? Dodgers recent history they do not do long deals. Betts was the exception. They find players for cheap JD Martinez, Jason Heyward and develop so many young players. I see them going after Tim Anderson and some pitchers. They win every year so why spend 45 to 50 mill on 8 to 10 year deal on Ohtani. I really think he might end up with Texas. The numbers he could put up in that lineup.

No they resigned Muncy. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I just don’t see it with the Dodgers. They just gave their DH a two year extension, and they need starters. They also haven’t given a free agent anywhere close to the money Shohei is going to get. You are talking 3 times what Freeman got. 

You have sports writers trying to wish things into existence. The Dodgers and Angels both have no need for an expensive, full time DH. 

Perfect example of how many of the “sports” articles online are just garbage.  It is literally no different than any one of us getting a byline to offer an uneducated guess. We probably aren’t going to sign him but some of the teams the writer has ranked ahead of us are ridiculous. The Reds? Twins? Downright silly. How would this guy have any credibility with that kind of nonsense? No way the Braves would spend that kind of money on one FA….not their style….and the Pads are looking to downsize payroll, in case the writer has missed that.