• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

Management can invent reasons to can a manager for any reason they concoct. 

Casey Stengel was fired because of some invented reason about age. The Yankees were fine with him in the fifties when he was in his sixties, winning loads of pennants and series. Then they were upset by Pittsburgh in seven games and suddenly at age seventy he gets the boot. 

Management needed an excuse to place their favorite, Ralph Houk,in the job. Houk had only been the bullpen coach, but was a decorated war hero who Yankee managed was infatuated with. Ironically, a few years later the Topping/Webb ownership and George Weis managership was changed when CBS bought the team. And they entered their darkest period. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Of course he’s qualified. Fans are quite stupid in their fascination with names or familiarity. 

I would be fine with him but many people on here seemed pretty scared of the idea of Montgomery for some reason

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I would be fine with him but many people on here seemed pretty scared of the idea of Montgomery for some reason

That would probably be the most cohesion between a manager and front office we’ve seen in a long time. Good bad or indifferent remains to be seen, but everything would be running in unison. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

That would probably be the most cohesion between a manager and front office we’ve seen in a long time. Good bad or indifferent remains to be seen, but everything would be running in unison. 

I do not care about unison all I care about is victories. If halos win makes GM and manager look good. The unison needs to come from ownership and GM. The owner must trust GM to do his job and not butt in. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not care about unison all I care about is victories. If halos win makes GM and manager look good. The unison needs to come from ownership and GM. The owner must trust GM to do his job and not butt in. 

Best organizations in all of sports run well from top to bottom with everyone working together. Arte needs to let the GM do his job and the manager needs to implement the plan of the GM. Nevin made decisions that looked like he wasn’t sure if it was his gut instinct or bad Chinese food. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So you do care

17 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Best organizations in all of sports run well from top to bottom with everyone working together. Arte needs to let the GM do his job and the manager needs to implement the plan of the GM. Nevin made decisions that looked like he wasn’t sure if it was his gut instinct or bad Chinese food. 

Objection,  Speculation.

Sustained.

27 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So sounds like nothing of significance came out of Minasian's press availability.

Wasn’t expecting much, though I am curious if he was asked about them filling the assistant GM position.

It seems like it’d be pretty hard to skirt around an answer if the question was directly asked.

Unless he just said “we might, we might not.” In which case, I’d take that as a no.

1 minute ago, Swordsman78 said:

One full season overshadowed by a plethora of injuries is not enough time to render a fact based judgement.

uh…but you’ve decided that perry “with those same injuries” is a bad GM. However, the guy physically moving the lineup around each and every day has no responsibility. Solid thought process.

What color stickers do you have on your helmet? 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

uh…but you’ve decided that perry “with those same injuries” is a bad GM. However, the guy physically moving the lineup around each and every day has no responsibility. Solid thought process.

What color stickers do you have on your helmet? 

Ok Einstein....Why did Perry say Nevin was not rehired?

Just now, Swordsman78 said:

So I will dumb this down even more.....Why did Perry say he didn't offer Nevin a contract for 2024?

I think you think you’re being clever….but we all appreciate you representing the developmentally challenged demographic. You’re a true pioneer. A trailblazer if you will. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I think you think you’re being clever….but we all appreciate you representing the developmentally challenged demographic. You’re a true pioneer. A trailblazer if you will. 

Nice dodge.  KJP would approve.

Fact is that no one in the Angels organization said Nevin bore any fault in the results.   More inconvenient facts I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Nice dodge.  KJP would approve.

Fact is that no one in the Angels organization said Nevin bore any fault in the results.   More inconvenient facts I suppose.

Yet they saw no reason to retain him. Inconvenience sucks.