• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is 2023 The Most Dysfunctional Year in Angel History?

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok. But that has nothing to do with what you are talking about. 

You were discounting the drug dealing as an isolated incident between two guys.  Was I wrong in assuming that the point you were making was to say that it was not an organizational problem?

I think this Halos team is there.

It matches the dysfunction at the end of the Terry Collins years with the Mo Vaughn fiasco.

The Halos started the new TROUT/ OHTANI era with a lot of promise, hope and potential -- we had two of the best players of all MLB and things were looking up --  and then the reality of 2023 hit.

Now Ohtani's Angels career is over, Trout may be gone next, Arte is on again/ off again selling the team owner, the stadium lease situation with the scandal ridden City of Anaheim administration is in limbo and no better than it was three years ago - heck -  I don't know who's been worse as a municipal partner -- the hapless Oakland City Council/ Oakland Coliseum with the "Las Vegas A's" or the Angels / Anaheim situation.

It feels as if in the last two months - topped off by the Ohtani cleaning out his locker story (a PR disaster that could have been avoided by the front office/ PR folks) the Angels franchise has regressed a decade -- and it may take just long for the Angels to field a regularly competitive team again.   I expect by Spring Training 2024, Ohtani (already gone) and Trout will be gone and the Angels roster will resemble a AAA team much as the line up the Angels will be handing to the plate umpire the next two weeks.

Time to DFA the GM, Manager and - Arte - sell the team !!

Yep - folks - we're at a very  low point for this franchise. -- Halos will never be on even footing with the Dodgers as S.Cal's 'second MLB team' -- at one point during Arte's tenure, when McCourt was destroying the Dodgers brand - that the Halos had a window of opportunity -- that has long since passed -- and now the Trout/ Ohtani era is apparently over.

Disappointment is an understatement.   Sorry for the downer post --  but that's how if feels to be a long time Halos fan this week.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Then the angels should fight it vigorously.  They shouldn’t pay a penny if they don’t believe they were liable at all. 

You are a smart guy and know how these things work. It cost less to settle than it does to go to trial. 

On 9/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, disarcina said:

I expect by Spring Training 2024, Ohtani (already gone) and Trout will be gone and the Angels roster will resemble a AAA team much as the line up the Angels will be handing to the plate umpire the next two weeks.

Time to DFA the GM, Manager and - Arte - sell the team !!

I don't think Mike Trout is going anywhere.  There's going to be a mountain of fallout already when Shohei signs elsewhere, and Trout is going to become the face of the franchise once again.  He's got a contract nobody would trade for without severe concessions, and he's also got the right to veto a trade to any team he doesn't want to play for.

No, he's not the Captain of the Titanic, that's good ol' Arte, but Mike's part of the crew, and he'll go down with the ship.  He tied himself to it when he signed that contract, even though now he might be starting to realize that it's not going to get better as the years pass on his career, and he's playing on a team that never makes the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

You are a smart guy and know how these things work. It cost less to settle than it does to go to trial. 

I worked in a field that is more heavily litigated than most. I once asked one of the deputy AGs why there were offers to settle when the plaintiff had no case (which was the vast majority of them). A big part of it had to do with the cost to the state of going to trial. If we won, we were awarded nothing. There was also the unpredictability of a judge or jury who did not fully understand the nuances of our work environment and what constituted reasonable measures. We might lose a case because the way that the plaintiff presented the issue was plausible, even if it was totally false.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Your image is everything. Paying out is admitting some culpability.  I like the shit stain on Arte’s hands. 

Like I said, you are smart and you know that isn’t how that works. I mean he has enough money to just wait out the legal process and bankrupt the Skaggs family in legal costs. 

On 9/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, AngelStew43 said:

So many bad seasons.  1980 was bad.  1999, bad.  Even 2001.  But, basically the same bad team in 2001 won it all in 2002.  

The Angels have some interesting pieces.  Neto, Schaunel, O’hoppe, Joyce, Soriano, Detmers, Estevez.  

I’ll write this season off, but I think we have a good core.

Include Moniak, Adell, Canning, Sandoval

On 9/22/2023 at 7:10 PM, Stradling said:

Like I said, you are smart and you know that isn’t how that works. I mean he has enough money to just wait out the legal process and bankrupt the Skaggs family in legal costs. 

I’m good with that too.  He was a junkie.  So, if they gonna sue, they better have merit.