• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/28/23 on Apple TV+) Angels @ Blue Jays: Giolito makes his Angels debut! Ohtani playing, Neto scratched

1 minute ago, Torridd said:

Management hasn't figured it out yet. It's not all the injuries that's bringing us down but that Squid is in the lineup. 

You know man I'm not able to catch a lot of innings with this team, pay attention to a lot of games. So I can understand how someone that does follow the team daily could develop a hatred for Velazquez.

I personally love Squid as the 26th guy...You can't dispute his glove, he can pinch run and swipe you a bag in a crucial situation, he can actually lay a sac down and can win a game just with his glove.

Last time I checked he was hitting close to .250 with a higher .600 OPS.

I mean what do u want from the guy?

If I'm the GM , he's my perfect 26th guy.

10 minutes ago, REDneck said:

You know man I'm not able to catch a lot of innings with this team, pay attention to a lot of games. So I can understand how someone that does follow the team daily could develop a hatred for Velazquez.

I personally love Squid as the 26th guy...You can't dispute his glove, he can pinch run and swipe you a bag in a crucial situation, he can actually lay a sac down and can win a game just with his glove.

I know it's "just" one game, but he failed at everything you said.

Terrible infield play and striking out when we needed the ball in play. 

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I know it's "just" one game, but he failed at everything you said.

Terrible infield play and striking out when we needed the ball in play. 

Not optimal timing for my post then?

I only caught a little of the game tonight via audio.

28 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Agree with you 100%

Velazquez has plenty of faults but he is the definition of the perfect 26th guy, yeah he flubbed a ball today and can’t hit a lick but his glove has put an end to so many rallies.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Nobody is waving that white flag or jumping ship. The decision has been made. Better or worse, win or lose, IL or healthy until eliminated. 

One of the advantages of buying early is a chance to sell if everything goes south.

I saw highlights and Nevin was pissed about the strike 3 call on Stefanic, was the location of that pitch what made him mad? I know from reading the thread in the early innings the ball and strike calls weren’t very good, was that an issue that hurt the angels? 

on the replay it looked a little off the plate but Stefanic should have been swinging at something that close, imo.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Give me a break. How do they know in the moment it’s just cramps. They’ve already said that he will be evaluated tomorrow. I’m guessing he will get the day off. 

They said "calve cramps in both legs".

And if you read correctly instead of being mr. sensitive, i wrote it "if he just had cramps".  I obviously implied it could be worse!

I am curious, do you read the posts in context of what was written before them or do you just read them in an isolated vaccuum environment?

I did say early that "he must be seriously hurt" to pull him.

15 hours ago, Torridd said:

Have you had cramps? Would you like to try to hit a baseball in that condition?

Have i had cramps in my calves.  Absolutely i have.  More times than i can think of.

I havent tried to hit a baseball with them but have played football and basketball.

I am fearful its more than cramps however.

Edited by stormngt

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

They said "calve cramps in both legs".

And if you read correctly instead of being mr. sensitive, i wrote it "if he just had cramps".  I obviously implied it could be worse!

I am curious, do you read the posts in context of what was written before them or do you just read them in an isolated vaccuum environment?

I did say early that "he must be seriously hurt" to pull him.

I read your post saying if you were Arte you’d fire everyone if it’s just a cramp. That lacks the ability to be cautious with the best player in the world. 

58 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Agree with you 100%

Velazquez has plenty of faults but he is the definition of the perfect 26th guy, yeah he flubbed a ball today and can’t hit a lick but his glove has put an end to so many rallies.

Disagreed. This season, Velazquez has not been good defensively. I wouldn't say he's been bad necessarily but definitely nowhere near what he was last season and he has messed up a lot of routine plays for a glove first (only) type of player. 

9 hours ago, tomsred said:

Neto being out hurts,  I get very concerned about the injuries.  This team can't absorb many more.  Candelario may be a necessary move to keep the infield from imploding, more from an offensive standpoint than a defensive one.  At least Velazquez is a good fielding shortstop, but his bat sputters too much, and there is so little power there.

He makes the plays for the most part at SS, but he is prone to critical errors in pressure-packed situations. More than once this season a costly gaffe has contributed to a big loss. His booting of a routine dp ball hurt the team big time. That play has to be made. For a guy with so little offensive output, he must contribute with the glove and arm, routine or pressure situations. That said, for all the talk of his defensive prowess, let's not get carried away. He is nowhere even close to being gold glove caliber.

1 hour ago, Halo in Chicago said:

Sounds like I picked a good night to see Oppenheimer. 

Obviously I didn’t see the game, but it was one loss to a good team. Let’s play out the series before we get back on the ledge guys. 

The concern isn't the loss, it's the health of Neto & Ohtani, arguably the two most important players on the team.