• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Article on Pujols

Pujols, in his prime, was the best player I've ever watched on a daily basis. He would turn on an inside fastball and put it in the upper deck, and go the other way on a slider away. He hit to all fields with power and played his position expertly. He took my breath away at times, especially when he destroyed Lidge in 05.

Yes, he's a shell of his former self, and yes I was sad to see him leave St. Louis, but I'm over it now and I'm happy I got to watch him in his prime. I'm also kind of happy he came out here, because I can still watch him every day. However, it's hard to watch at times, not because he's an Angel, but because of what the injuries have done to him.

Hank Aaron hit .301 at age 39 so hitting .249 at age 33 kinda sucks.

Albert showed up to Anaheim with a .328 lifetime average so even hitting .285 is well below what they though they were getting. He's mostly just a DH now so all he has to do is hit. If he's too physically beat up to play the game then he should go on the DL. Is he that hell bent on getting his 500th homerun?

Hank Aaron hit .301 at age 39 so hitting .249 at age 33 kinda sucks.

Albert showed up to Anaheim with a .328 lifetime average so even hitting .285 is well below what they though they were getting. He's mostly just a DH now so all he has to do is hit. If he's too physically beat up to play the game then he should go on the DL. Is he that hell bent on getting his 500th homerun?

Yes we know

Lifelong Cards fan.   Love Albert and appreciate the history he has with my team.   Not bitter that he left.   He got an offer he couldn't refuse, and it allowed my team to put those resources to other places like Wainwright and Yadi.     10 years for that amount would not be the best thing for my team.  Cards are more about developing their farm system and keeping key pieces that are reasonable.

I'll always root for Albert, he's one hell of a baseball player.   I even follow the Angels just to follow him and how he's doing. But not rooting for him the next 3 games.   

I think if he has surgery and sits out the rest of the year, he would come back and have a monster 2014.   I think he is still capable of putting up great numbers.   

Cards are a historic franchise and in my opinion one of the best (obviously I'm a fan), but I am kind of ashamed of how some of my fellow Cards fans do that whole BFIB thing.    And the butthurt guys who trolled this site and other Angels sites, doesn't represent all of us. 

Understand first that Pujols was to the Cardinals what Trout is becoming to the Angels: not simply a superstar or franchise player, but one of the three greatest players to ever put on a Cardinals uniform (the others being Rogers Hornsby and Stan Musial). Musial in particular was THE Great Cardinal - unlike Hornsby not only did he play his entire career in St Louis, but he was a gracious, loved player. Musical retired in 1963 and the Cardinals had decades of good and very good players, but no one to replace Stan the Man. Then Albert came along and the Cardinals had their next Great Cardinal. That explains the so-called "butthurt."

But the sad part is that nothing the article says is wrong. The Cardinals DID dodge a bullet with Pujols and the Angels ARE faced with a seriously declined player. The joke is not on the supposedly "butthurt" Cardinals fans but on the Angels fans and franchise, who are stuck with Pujols for another eight and a half years. Sure, Albert could magically get over his plantar fasciitis and turn back the clock, but the fact of the matter is that Albert's overall numbers have declined in each of the last four years.

The simple fact of the matter is that Albert stopped being an elite player in 2010 - that was his last great year (and it was noticeably diminished from 2009). For the last two and a half years, 2011-2013, he's seen further decline from very good (2011) to good (2012) to mediocre (2013). I think there's a good chance that his 2013 ends up being somewhat similar to 2012, but the trend is rather disturbing and even if 2012 is his new norm, its still well below what the Angels expected when they gave him a ten-year contract.

So, in the end, we're the ones who are screwed. The Cardinals should rest easy because they did dodge a bullet.

You forgot Ozzie Smith and Bob Gibson...

Lifelong Cards fan.   Love Albert and appreciate the history he has with my team.   Not bitter that he left.   He got an offer he couldn't refuse, and it allowed my team to put those resources to other places like Wainwright and Yadi.     10 years for that amount would not be the best thing for my team.  Cards are more about developing their farm system and keeping key pieces that are reasonable.

I'll always root for Albert, he's one hell of a baseball player.   I even follow the Angels just to follow him and how he's doing. But not rooting for him the next 3 games.   

I think if he has surgery and sits out the rest of the year, he would come back and have a monster 2014.   I think he is still capable of putting up great numbers.   

Cards are a historic franchise and in my opinion one of the best (obviously I'm a fan), but I am kind of ashamed of how some of my fellow Cards fans do that whole BFIB thing.    And the butthurt guys who trolled this site and other Angels sites, doesn't represent all of us. 

He WAS one hell of a baseball player.  No doubt.  Angels fans haven't seen any part of the once great Pujols on a consistent basis.  Reminds me of when Gubizca (Angels color commentator) drools over Alberts career numbers against some pitcher.  Frankly it's meaningless with the current Albert.   Still capable of putting up great numbers, perhaps, but unlikely.  He fouls off or misses pitches he once crushed and leaves a lot of guys on base.  If he truly is 33, it's an OLD 33.  He runs like he's 45.  Yea, I know, foot problems...alway something when you get older.