• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/19/23 4pm) Yankees @ Angels: Silseth on the mound

29 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I would love to read the research you are referencing.

Are you saying you’re under the impression that arm injury frequency has gone down?  If so you’re mistaken.  They keep blaming it on overuse even though pitch count awareness is at an all time high at all age levels.  

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fuck, I'm starting to feel hopeful. Consider...

Ohtani is Ohtani. Ward has been hot and looks like he figured out whatever is wrong. Moniak keeps hitting. Neto is back. Silseth probably had his best start as a major leaguer, Canning looked great, Sandoval was in better form. And...

Drury and Rendon will be back (right?) and we can hope to see Trout and O'Hoppe at some point in August.

Dare I say it...this team could be primed for a very good second half.

STAAAAHHHHHHHPPPPPP!!!!!

6 minutes ago, full circle said:

Are you saying you’re under the impression that arm injury frequency has gone down?  If so you’re mistaken.  They keep blaming it on overuse even though pitch count awareness is at an all time high at all age levels.  

If I am mistaken I would love to see some evidence of it aside from your assertion.

In the past pitcher injuries were very easy to predict just by looking at velocity, consecutive days and going over 120 pitches in an outing.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If I am mistaken I would love to see some evidence of it aside from your assertion.

In the past pitcher injuries were very easy to predict just by looking at velocity, consecutive days and going over 120 pitches in an outing.

Cool.  There’s thing called the internet. 

16 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They better not do the Angel thing and lose 2/3 to Pittsburgh now.

They played Houston well even with the tough losses. There was fight.

I missed it except the walkoff in game 2. Just saw the scores. But they definitely hit.

Excuses excuses, but you have to wonder what a healthy teams record would be right now.

40 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Keep Rendon away from the team.  

Funny enough. I commented a few weeks ago, totally serious, that they seem to do better with him out. 

I'd much rather have him in the lineup. But for some weird reason they seem to do better when he's out.

Numbers may tell me I'm full of shit. And to be fair he's been out for 4 years basically and we've sucked 

But this yesr it seems to be the case

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I missed it except the walkoff in game 2. Just saw the scores. But they definitely hit.

Excuses excuses, but you have to wonder what a healthy teams record would be right now.

Doesn’t even have to be fully healthy…Moore, Neto and maybe O’Hoppe. Only say maybe because Thaiss and Wallach were about as good as you could have hoped for, at least offensively, in his stead.

23 minutes ago, REDneck said:

.According to google there has been 20 major leaguers from the state of New Mexico. 

I bet you Chase Silseth was the first to win a game in the bigs.

Prove me wrong

Ok, you're wrong. 13 guys born in NM have won at least one game in the majors.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bio/NM_born.shtml

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Doesn’t even have to be fully healthy…Moore, Neto and maybe O’Hoppe. Only say maybe because Thaiss and Wallach were about as good as you could have hoped for, at least offensively, in his stead.

Yeah.  The loss of Neto hurt quite a bit, which is rather funny how invaluable he has become so quickly.  And that is basically a reflection of how poor our SS options are overall.  Velazquez, Fletcher, Soto .. these are all just temporary stopgaps that you use to bide time until your best option comes back.  On a deeper team, those options would be adequate, but not on this team.

The development of Thaiss and Wallach has been a rather surprising turn of events, and another reason perhaps to be a bit bullish on this FO on the whole.  There are a number of players who have seemingly improved a bit, both in the majors and in the minors, under the current FO's purview.

42 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I know we shouldn't expect much, but even from the kickoff of the year, we were without Stassi and Walsh.

Again, hate to make excuses, but we've been pretty snakebit so far this year.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Ohtani is Ohtani. Ward has been hot and looks like he figured out whatever is wrong. Moniak keeps hitting. Neto is back. Silseth probably had his best start as a major leaguer, Canning looked great, Sandoval was in better form. And...

Drury and Rendon will be back (right?) and we can hope to see Trout and O'Hoppe at some point in August.

I'm right here too. I know it's possible but I don't want to get my hopes up haha

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I know we shouldn't expect much, but even from the kickoff of the year, we were without Stassi and Walsh.

Again, hate to make excuses, but we've been pretty snakebit so far this year.

This is true, but invariably, I think every team has things like this happen.  When we were facing the Astros, I noticed that both Alvarez and Altuve weren't playing, so I looked them up to see what happened and it seems like Alvarez has been out half the year and Altuve almost 2/3 of the year.  Every team has to cope with injuries, which is why it's so important that we can draft and develop well, as it is those teams that do that can plug the gap as their starters work their way back from injury.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trout aside, Drury is the one I think we really need to get back soon.  Adding Drury to the lineup as is could really make a significant impact and add more flexibility to the lineup as well.

I'm assuming O'Hoppe will be out awhile and it may be a struggle to return to form.  That is a significant injury he had, and I think for most players, even after they come back, it takes a bit of time to regain strength/power in that shoulder and return to form.

3 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Agreed. 85 pitches. No reason he shouldn't be able to finish the inning and also come out for the 7th. Developing Silseth as a starter now? Sick, now make him throw 100 pitches.

Here is your answer.  You can thank me later.

Phil Nevin said they had a hard pitch count of about 80 on Silseth because he hadn’t thrown in a while. (He got to 85.) Also, his velo had been dropping.