• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/19/23 4pm) Yankees @ Angels: Silseth on the mound

49 minutes ago, mmc said:

What the actual fuck?

I don't care how deep the bruise was/is this has carried on long enough to the point that his character is coming into question.

It doesn't help that he appears to not be very forthcoming with the media either.

Edited by REDneck

Just now, REDneck said:

What the actual fuck?

I don't care how deep the bruise was/is this has carried on long enough to the point that his character is coming into question.

It doesn't help that appears to not be very forthcoming with the media either.

As I've said before, I'm far from the biggest fan of Rendon, but I don't think things like this show anything other than him just being a really weird, awkward dude who isn't particularly comfortable dealing with the media.

"Rendon had vanished. A morning came and he didn't show up to the stadium. A few thoughtless people commented on his absence. The next day nobody said anything. That afternoon Phil Nevin took a glance at his roster. Everything looked the same except it was one name shorter. That was enough. Rendon had ceased to exist. Rendon had never existed."

(with apologies to George Orwell)

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

As I've said before, I'm far from the biggest fan of Rendon, but I don't think things like this show anything other than him just being a really weird, awkward dude who isn't particularly comfortable dealing with the media.

I would buy this in a heartbeat, if it wasn't for all of his baggage with the Halos recently.

I.E. suspensions, poor performance when he's actually on the field, inability to stay on the field and yes awkward interactions with the media.

All these things make me question the guys character.

Again, the Xrays were negative and here we are two weeks later and this dude is still nursing a bruise.

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

I would buy this in a heartbeat, if it wasn't for all of his baggage with the Halos recently.

I.E. suspensions, poor performance when he's actually on the field, inability to stay on the field and yes awkward interactions with the media.

All these things make me question the guys character.

Again, the Xrays were negative and here we are two weeks later and this dude is still nursing a bruise.

I'm just focusing on what he said to Blum.  I'm saying what he does (or does not) say to the media isn't necessarily related to anything other than him being awkward. I don't think it's evidence of his "softness", etc. (there's plenty of other evidence for that.  Ha...)

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It’s dangerous to assign intent, but it does seem like he messes with the press beyond just awkwardness.

He's an ass.

At his peak he was a top MLB player. Fun to watch during that WS run.

However he has said he never really liked baseball and it looks like he got his big pay day.  While not sailing off via the path of Prince Fielder, he reminds me of the Vernon Wells "to blessed to be stressed." 

Time and time again we invest high money in the wrong player. 

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

However he has said he never really liked baseball and it looks like he got his big pay day.  While not sailing off via the path of Prince Fielder, he reminds me of the Vernon Wells "to blessed to be stressed." 

He said he didn’t like watching baseball, it was too long and boring.  He doesn’t talk and watch baseball with his family either.