• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Stupid Shit Nevin did tonight

Wow. I just got home and looked up the play by play. NEVIN IS AN IDIOT. I like Nevin because I think he has a good relationship with his players and knows who to coddle and who to kick in the ass.

However, come on. He is an idiot who does not know anything about strategy. You don't bring your closer who has 20 saves in a row into the game in the 8th inning in a non save situation and burn him to not be able to come back tomorrow. You bring in Barria to pitch the last 2 inning, with the intention of calling up Silseth to start on Wednesday. Closers don't have the same mentality when brought into a non save situation. You give the ball to Barria and if he doesn't have it, you bring in Estevez in a situation that he is used to and he is amped.

Nevin, also has a habit of never bunting when he should and then over reacts and bunts when he shouldn't. I'm tired of all the dumb shit he does.

Like I said, he seems to have a good idea how to handle his players, but he is an idiot when it comes to Baseball smarts !!!

27 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

Wow. I just got home and looked up the play by play. NEVIN IS AN IDIOT. I like Nevin because I think he has a good relationship with his players and knows who to coddle and who to kick in the ass.

However, come on. He is an idiot who does not know anything about strategy. You don't bring your closer who has 20 saves in a row into the game in the 8th inning in a non save situation and burn him to not be able to come back tomorrow. You bring in Barria to pitch the last 2 inning, with the intention of calling up Silseth to start on Wednesday. Closers don't have the same mentality when brought into a non save situation. You give the ball to Barria and if he doesn't have it, you bring in Estevez in a situation that he is used to and he is amped.

Nevin, also has a habit of never bunting when he should and then over reacts and bunts when he shouldn't. I'm tired of all the dumb shit he does.

Like I said, he seems to have a good idea how to handle his players, but he is an idiot when it comes to Baseball smarts !!!

Thank fully they don't require anyone pass an IQ test in order to connect to the internet and punch a keyboard.  Otherwise we would all miss so much comedic musings.

4 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Thank fully they don't require anyone pass an IQ test in order to connect to the internet and punch a keyboard.  Otherwise we would all miss so much comedic musings.

You can only go back to the "well the players just need to play well" well in certain instances and only so many times. Lately the managerial decisions have been downright baffling. 

45 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

The only thing I can think of with using Estevez in the 8th was it was the top of the order and he was hoping he’d shut them down.  If he shuts them down and does so economically then Estevez pitches the 9th, or he’s handing at least a four run lead to Barria. Well neither thing happened so we saw the end result. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The only thing I can think of with using Estevez in the 8th was it was the top of the order and he was hoping he’d shut them down.  If he shuts them down and does so economically then Estevez pitches the 9th, or he’s handing at least a four run lead to Barria. Well neither thing happened so we saw the end result. 

It makes sense in theory, but you have to have a feel for the game and your players. Closers don’t do well in non closing situations, this has been well documented in baseball for a long time. And Jaime Barria has legitimately the worst “stuff” on the entire staff…. And he thought the 9th was a good spot for him.

Nevin is a moron 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I believe he had already decided to go Estevez-Barria and wasn't going to deviate. Estevez only threw 15 pitches. Easily could have gone back out. And you know what? He should have. A good manager has a feel for the situation. Nevin is trying to so hard to prove he's on top of everything (workload, matchups, subs, etc.) that he overlooked the fact that they HAD to win this game. Sometimes, you have to ask your guys to do a little bit extra to keep the season alive. He has had a very basic script all year, and he stuck to it tonight. And arguably, it cost the Angels the season and Ohtani. 

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

It makes sense in theory, but you have to have a feel for the game and your players. Closers don’t do well in non closing situations, this has been well documented in baseball for a long time. And Jaime Barria has legitimately the worst “stuff” on the entire staff…. And he thought the 9th was a good spot for him.

Nevin is a moron 

Like how you weakly tried to justify your last comment by making an idiotic comment first.   

Just save us the reading time and only type the last comment.   For the umpteenth time. 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

I believe he had already decided to go Estevez-Barria and wasn't going to deviate. Estevez only threw 15 pitches. Easily could have gone back out. And you know what? He should have. A good manager has a feel for the situation. Nevin is trying to so hard to prove he's on top of everything (workload, matchups, subs, etc.) that he overlooked the fact that they HAD to win this game. Sometimes, you have to ask your guys to do a little bit extra to keep the season alive. He has had a very basic script all year, and he stuck to it tonight. And arguably, it cost the Angels the season and Ohtani. 

Now we have manager whisperers on the board.  

10 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Like how you weakly tried to justify your last comment by making an idiotic comment first.   

Just save us the reading time and only type the last comment.   For the umpteenth time. 

If you don’t want to read it, don’t. That’s the beautiful thing about the internet. Everything I said was a fact, so what the hell are you on about? Just another dense comment from the most dense poster on the board. 

So hard to just move on if you don’t want to read something, you think the logical thing would be to not engage? Lol 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That people gravitate to and comment in because there’s actual truth in the subject matter. Unlike your leadership thread which is asinine because you have very little understanding on that subject. 

Yeah we all saw people gravitate to your poll thread where you got clowned both in the comments and results. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You're a golfer (I owe you that round btw.  I haven't forgotten).  He had a three stroke lead with two holes left and tried to reach the par 5 in two.  The thing that bothers me the most is that he's been managing every game like it's do or die.  The whole team is playing like every pitch, every swing, every ground ball...is do or die.  

It feels like everything this team does right now is just so goddam desperate.