• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Have the Angels ever?

Joyner is the only one I can remember. 

He won the 1B voting with a write-in vote as a rookie in 1986.

Salmon didn't make it for the longest time.

Erstad, GA, Glaus, and Edmonds never started an ASG game as a Halos player.

I don't think Salmon ever made the all star game.  He was a slow starter!

Yes he did, 33 HRs and 117 rbis, unfortunately they were also rans that season thanks to a September collapse that dropped them to a 75-87 record.

Why Joyner make the All Star game his second season?  It was the first All Star game since the Angels was in the ALCS.  The September collapse should have no bearing on All Star voting in July.

1987 was a huge offensive spike year. Mike Witt was the Angels rep and didn't even play.  Mattingly was voted starter and McGwire was having his monster rookie year with the game played in his home park. McNamara also chose 1B Tabler and Brett. No room for Wally World when you have to include Pat Tabler.

Tim Salmon never made an all star team.  Thank you, Joe Torre.

Yep. I remember him choosing Paul o'neill one year as some sort of thank you to him for his World Series contributions the year before.