• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is it just me or does it feel like the season is slipping away from us?

25 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

I still believe in this team, the talent is there. Maybe I'm an idiot. 

No, you're just a wide-eyed fan who loves your team. We're all ten-year old kids deep down inside, faithful to our team, even when they disappoint us. My first crushing setback as a fan was my Phillies' collapse in late September, 1964, but I still rooted for them until we moved to California.

Just remember when this team knocks us down, that we did win it all in 2002. There's comfort in that which will endure. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He cares about both. Again it’s lazy to say he doesn’t care about the product on the field. He obviously does he just sucks at it. 

Does he thought? Last year when there were talks of trading guys he said “who are people going to watch then” indicating he cares more about fans in the seats more than building a good team. That’s terrible

12 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Does he thought? Last year when there were talks of trading guys he said “who are people going to watch then” indicating he cares more about fans in the seats more than building a good team. That’s terrible

If he “cared about dollars” he wouldn’t have acquired Upton, Wells and Rendon because those guys, if they didn’t help the team win, were never going to give him a return on his investment. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If he “cared about dollars” he wouldn’t have acquired Upton, Wells and Rendon because those guys, if they didn’t help the team win, were never going to give him a return on his investment. 

I believe in his eyes, he thinks signing those guys makes fans interested and puts butts in the seats. I mean he’s been doing this almost 20 years right? It’s very clear he is doing something incorrectly and he refuses to change it 

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think he acquired Rendon because he thought he would be the same player, or close to it, that raked in 2019. He didn't expect him to be injured so often. 

Nobody did. Before he came to the Halos, Rendon averaged 146 games per season during the prior four years in Washington. We broke him.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think he acquired Rendon because he thought he would be the same player, or close to it, that raked in 2019. He didn't expect him to be injured so often. 

Of all of the big name signings, Rendon wasn’t the worst….Hamilton, in hindsight and foresight, was clearly an awful decision….Pujols was just too much money and too long a deal for an over 30 player, but not as bad as Hamilton….Upton and Rendon were, relatively speaking, not as bad as Hamilton and Pujols, but probably reflect the risk of over 30 guys maintaining good health….

25 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I believe in his eyes, he thinks signing those guys makes fans interested and puts butts in the seats. I mean he’s been doing this almost 20 years right? It’s very clear he is doing something incorrectly and he refuses to change it 

They changed it this off season and last and the one before that. 

9 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Changed what? Has he invested more in the minors? I don’t actually know what you mean here

You mentioned he signs guys that he believes puts butts in seats and then said he hasn’t changed his ways. 

21 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Sad to think about it but halos play 3 against SD then 3 against Dodgers. Halos could be out of race before all-star break.

Padres are struggling. A big disappointment, as many had predicted them to win the division. Of course, struggling clubs tend to reverse course when the Angels come to town. Witness last year's Phillies.

24 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Good news Loup and Anderson have pitched better maybe they could be traded.

If we’re sellers (highly unlikely), I’d go all in, not just Ohtani….Anderson and Drury (multi year  contract guys) for what you could get…Hell, I’d move Trout if any team was willing to take on most of his money….not going to happen but if we struggle for the next couple of weeks, let’s change the narrative…

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Of all of the big name signings, Rendon wasn’t the worst….Hamilton, in hindsight and foresight, was clearly an awful decision….Pujols was just too much money and too long a deal for an over 30 player, but not as bad as Hamilton….Upton and Rendon were, relatively speaking, not as bad as Hamilton and Pujols, but probably reflect the risk of over 30 guys maintaining good health….

I would guess that in terms of WAR/$, Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon, Upton and Wells are among the worst 20 or so acquisitions of the last 15 years.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

If we’re sellers (highly unlikely), I’d go all in, not just Ohtani….Anderson and Drury (multi year  contract guys) for what you could get…Hell, I’d move Trout if any team was willing to take on most of his money….not going to happen but if we struggle for the next couple of weeks, let’s change the narrative…

How about Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Canning, Detmers?

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Padres are struggling. A big disappointment, as many had predicted them to win the division. Of course, struggling clubs tend to reverse course when the Angels come to town. Witness last year's Phillies.

Struggling is being kind.  3-10 since 19 June including a sweep by the Pirates.  Bogaerts is playing hurt and it shows at the plate.  Machado, though he hit a couple HRs Saturday, is generally struggling.  Sort of like the Angels, Trout/Ohtani, if you can manage Tatis/Soto the rest of the lineup is unremarkable.

16 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

How about Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Canning, Detmers?

Probably not….you have to have a base if you’re going to rebuild…..but I wouldn’t take anybody off the table, maybe Neto and O’Hoppe….Suarez has no value unless he shows he’s healthy quickly….