• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Neto Updates?

I haven’t seen much in the form of updates about Neto.  Hoping the Escobar and Moose trades were more about Urshela and Walsh than meaning Neto is going to be longer than expected.

any of you insiders have some good news on the Neto front?

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Those two have nothing to do with Neto. I don't think they're allowed to cross the SS area even going back to the dugout. Obliques take time. Let it heal properly

This was always my understanding too. I did not expect him back until sometime after the ASB. I’m not sure why some felt he would be back in a week or two 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This was always my understanding too. I did not expect him back until sometime after the ASB. I’m not sure why some felt he would be back in a week or two 

Right.  I have seen various MLB players out for months with an oblique strain.  Obviously there are various degrees of a strain, but I am assuming he will be out for a minimum of a month, but probably more.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

We talked to him on Tuesday and he was hoping maybe he could start some baseball stuff this weekend. I am not in Colorado so that’s all I’ve got. 

@Jeff Fletcher Is there realistic hope that O’Hoppe might be back for September or even earlier? Really don’t want to push him, he has a bright future, but if they can stay in the hunt, all hands on deck would be nice…

He's a real sparkplug at the bottom of the order, and gets the top guys extra at bats. And a cannon of an arm from any spot on the infield. 

Obliques are tricky. I've seen those injuries in hockey just go on for months when they were thought to be short term. But each is different. And when he does come back it will be tough for a while when he stretches and plants to throw. 

Neto (oblique) played catch and is expected to hit off a tee Monday, Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports.

Neto is continuing to ramp up his baseball activities, and Bollinger adds that the shortstop could be activated soon after the break if all goes according to plan. He's been on the 10-day injured list since June 15 due to a left oblique strain and will likely head out on a rehab assignment shortly.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:44 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

We talked to him on Tuesday and he was hoping maybe he could start some baseball stuff this weekend. I am not in Colorado so that’s all I’ve got. 

Hey Jeff, big fan of hearing from you on here when people tag you. 

You could ignore us, but you come through, so just want you to know you're appreciated. 

You rock man.