• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/18/23): Angels @ Kansas City

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but it's June 18th. I'm not sure why some are looking at this right now. There is so much baseball left that they could be in in 1st place or completely out of it in a month. I'm just glad that the Halos are playing good ball now 

When was the last June 18th this was true? Let us enjoy scoreboard watching!

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but it's June 18th. I'm not sure why some are looking at this right now. There is so much baseball left that they could be in in 1st place or completely out of it in a month. I'm just glad that the Halos are playing good ball now 

Remember this the next time you bitch about their record or place in the standings. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Standings only count at the end 

August 15, 1995

CAL    64    38    .627    --    632    454    .647
TEX    53    48    .525    10.5    489    519    .473
SEA    51    50    .505    12.5    547    527    .517
OAK    47    56    .456    17.5    525    540    

17 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

August 15, 1995

CAL    64    38    .627    --    632    454    .647
TEX    53    48    .525    10.5    489    519    .473
SEA    51    50    .505    12.5    547    527    .517
OAK    47    56    .456    17.5    525    540    

To say that "doesn't count" makes no sense at all.

One can say the standing aren't complete, but they absolutely count.

Spring Training doesn't count. 

1 hour ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

That is truly remarkable. As are 8 homers in 10 games.

He's on a tear like he was before the All-Star Game in 2021. He hit 8 in 9 games during that stretch. That was during a stretch of 21 games where he hit 16 home runs. 

He was pretty much only hitting home runs, and almost no base hits during that stretch. His batting average only went from .267 to .279

The tear he's on right now he's already gone from .274 to .300 in just 10 games.

Reference: Ohtani's post-game press conference (NHK Sports in Japanese)

(Sorry for my rough translation) 

On June 17 (June 18 Japan Standard Time)

I'm glad I could hit a milestone 150th home run. I will do my best to hit the 151st tomorrow.

On June 18 (June 19 JST)

Q. It was the first home run from Greinke, a veteran pitcher for the Royals.
A. Well, the situation became better, so I was honestly happy. It was my turn at bat with no outs and a man on second, so it would be nice if I could somehow get the runner to advance. Two strikes were taken, but it turned out to be a home run. I think it was good that I was able to make accurate contact with the ball.

Q. Was it because your batting was good that you were able to hit the winning shot of the pitcher who has been elusive until now (4 hits in 19 at-bats, no homeruns before this game)?
A. Well, I agree. I think he's a smart pitcher. He properly creates his own plot to the game. As I haven't been able to hit much until now, I'm glad I hit a home run.

Q. You hit the 150th home run in yesterday's game. You are second only to Hideki Matsui in all-time home runs by a Japanese player in the MLB. What do you think about the record as a milestone, as you hit 151st home run today?
A. Same as my comment yesterday. I hope to accumulate home run records one by one.

Edited by FromJapan
Correction of Japan Standard Time

4 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Ohtani's Major League rankings in June.

Runs 3rd

Hits 2nd

HR 1st

RBI 1st

Walks 2nd

Batting Average 3rd

OBP 1st

SLG 1st

OPS 1st

Extra base hits 1st

Total bases 1st

Stats only count at the end!

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Remember this the next time you bitch about their record or place in the standings. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Standings only count at the end 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

That isn’t true. 

I think both of your train of thoughts are bad.

But, Jason is right standings are only relevant at the end.

2 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Standings are also relevant to me at various points in the season such as the all star break and the trade deadline.

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

Standings are also relevant to me at various points in the season such as the all star break and the trade deadline.

Yes! Absolutely!

I'm sure I'm missing the point with Jason or Strad!

It seems to me one is saying if we have a good record at this point to not put much stock into it bc a lot of baseball left...true!

The other is saying....well Idk what the other is saying,lol

I'm going to side with having a decent record at the moment.

So I'm not even sure whose point I'm supporting.

I'm supporting yours!

Lol!

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Correct. My point is they do not matter nor do they count on June 18th. Only winning games is important 

It's a stretch, but I agree with you.

But, if you have a good or decent record on June 19 it's a lot more likely that you have a better record at the end versus having a bad record on June 19.

The best point you made is winning games is what's important!

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

Ok trade deadline is coming up.  If the standings don’t matter how do you know whether to buy or sell?  

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok trade deadline is coming up.  If the standings don’t matter how do you know whether to buy or sell?  

I didn't say that, our W-L record is absolutely relevant at just about any point of the season. Like I said I'm sure I'm misunderstanding both points.

I think where I agree with Jason is after 162 all that matters is your record. And he's right at the end of the day. I don't think he means that whatever record we have now is not significant. Your rebuttal is accurate as well.

Listen I'm not trying to be a politician here, but currently your take is better but at the end of the day (162) I agree with Jason if that's what he meant to convey.

And so do you. How couldn't you?

46 minutes ago, REDneck said:

I didn't say that, our W-L record is absolutely relevant at just about any point of the season. Like I said I'm sure I'm misunderstanding both points.

I think where I agree with Jason is after 162 all that matters is your record. And he's right at the end of the day. I don't think he means that whatever record we have now is not significant. Your rebuttal is accurate as well.

Listen I'm not trying to be a politician here, but currently your take is better but at the end of the day (162) I agree with Jason if that's what he meant to convey.

And so do you. How couldn't you?

His point was the standings only count at the end of the season, which is wrong. It’s all that matters at the end, obviously, but the standings matter during the season as well. 

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

His point was the standings only count at the end of the season, which is wrong. It’s all that matters at the end, obviously, but the standings matter during the season as well. 

Jesus strad did u even read my post?

Or is it just another Monday morning in So Cal traffic..don't miss that shit!

I do miss In n Out..Whattaburger is opening 4 new locales in my area (SC)!

In n Out has no intention of ever coming East or South..do they?

Edited by REDneck