• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Neto segment on the MLB Network

Chuck

I think this is giving us more evidence that we need to have more faith in Perry’s decision making. 

I know a lot of us we’re questioning not getting a shortstop in the offseason (including myself). 

As the old saying goes, sometimes the moves you don’t make turn out to be the best the best move you made……..

16 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

I think this is giving us more evidence that we need to have more faith in Perry’s decision making. 

I know a lot of us we’re questioning not getting a shortstop in the offseason (including myself). 

As the old saying goes, sometimes the moves you don’t make turn out to be the best the best move you made……..

100%

I also liked the pick of Neto. I knew this kid could play. LOL at the scouts that said he didn't have a shortstop arm. Haven't some of his throws been clocked at 100mph? He absolutely throws laser beams across the diamond, and he is sure handed. It is going to be fun watching him continue to get better and better. And he will be under club control for a long time. I would say that Perry knows talent and how to evaluate it.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:19 AM, Second Base said:

It's legit hilarious that I was disappointed the Angels didn't take Cam Collier or Dylan Lesko. I didn't throw a tantrum, but my initial reaction was, "We don't need a college shortstop, we have Fletcher and Rengifo. Plus this dude probably needs to move to 2B. And he's going to require a complete breakdown and rebuild of his swing because a leg kick that comical will never translate from small time college too the pros. This is terrible." 

And I still believe both Collier and Lesko are going to be good major leaguers, but it's less than a year later and Neto is already a good major leaguer, and from what I can see, there's no way in heck I'd move him off SS. Kind of just highlights how far off scouting reports can be, and how far off our own interpretations of what the team needs and doesn't need and what works and doesn't work, can be. 

Good work to Perry, the scouting director, cross checkers and scouts. From where I'm sitting, it looks to me like the Angels got the steal of the draft. Guys like Holliday, Druw Jones, Termarr.... They were expected to be very good and their draft position and subsequent bonuses reflect that. 

Appreciate the honesty.  People enjoy to criticize and second guess (guys on this board excel here), but very few admit when the decision turns out to be correct, and even fewer guys give credit for those decisions.

23 hours ago, TroutField said:

I was on the Eppler train but his FA additions and bullpen building was atrocious. He did a good job of rebuilding the minor league system and not dumping it all with short sighted trades before he left. 

Keep in mind though that Eppler realllly got handled by a ton of pitching injuries, and a death. That doesn’t discount him entirely, but the baseball gods really frowned upon him.

I still like a lot of what Eppler did, or at least his methodology around what he did, but have started to think a little less - especially seeing the Mets be as bad as they are. But overall, it’s comparing apples and oranges - he inherited a mess, regardless of it being Arte, Dipoto, or Scioscia’s fault, and Minasian stepped in with a MUCH better foundation to work with than Eppler did - with credit due there to Billy.