• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Need to trade for a SP

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Renfroe gone after this season, he will be a FA. Moniak is young and cheap.

I honestly believe they'll extend Renfroe. When Perry traded for him, they had a preliminary discussion about how he's been traveling a lot, and that "down the stretch, they'd like to talk about ending that."

I don't think Ohtani is coming back, personally. And so they'll take the 30 million coming off the books there, use 15 of it on bringing Renfroe back, another 15 or so on another starting pitcher, and then use the DH spot to rotate guys in and out of the lineup to keep them fresh, mostly Trout and Rendon. 

So whoever they 4th outfielder is, is probably going to log a ton of playing time. Maybe it's Moniak. His left handedness fits well atop the lineup and he's a very good defender. Maybe it's Adell. If he's figured it out at the plate, that's a middle of the order bat. Maybe Ward struggles add both Adell and Moniak impact next year's team. 

Lots of things can happen. 

7 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

A team that isn’t contending and would like to dump an impending FA for future value, such as the White Sox with Lucas Giolito.

Many teams need pitching so if Giolito was made available not an wasy get. Twins traded for Pablo Lopez in off season and it cost them Luis Arraez who won batting title. Just saying to get a good starter is not easy.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

Many teams need pitching so if Giolito was made available not an wasy get. Twins traded for Pablo Lopez in off season and it cost them Luis Arraez who won batting title. Just saying to get a good starter is not easy.

Correct but it’s still a rental, so you aren’t giving up a batting champion. 

7 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

I take back suggesting to trade Moniak. Kid looks like a future All-Star. Adell could be trade bait since the outfield is sort of crowded. 

Going into 2024 Renfroe will be gone as will Urshela both will be F/A. I keep Adell and Moniak both young and cheap. 

26 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Going into 2024 Renfroe will be gone as will Urshela both will be F/A. I keep Adell and Moniak both young and cheap. 

With Moniak and Adell, probably not going to keep Renfroe….he’s a good player (and a good guy by all accounts) but can’t seem to find a permanent home. Urshela is a different story. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him signed to an extension. 

23 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

I take back suggesting to trade Moniak. Kid looks like a future All-Star. Adell could be trade bait since the outfield is sort of crowded. 

Or, Ward is eventually odd man out, and they re-sign Renfroe, move Trout to LF, and have Adell and Moniak split CF and back up Trout and Renfroe?

15 hours ago, DMVol said:

With Moniak and Adell, probably not going to keep Renfroe….he’s a good player (and a good guy by all accounts) but can’t seem to find a permanent home. Urshela is a different story. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him signed to an extension. 

Urshela then better rediscover the XBHs that he had the past 3 full seasons (average 44).   Only 6 so far in 2023 with .667 OPS

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

Renfroe is a MVP in Anaheim .379/.434/.864/1.298

And Jeff Mathis on the road .189/.239/.255/.494

He is replaceable next year. 

FYI if Renfroe re-signs with the Angels he’ll play half his games in Anaheim next year too. So it’s a good place for him to be a monster hitter 

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Except that across the past 3 full seasons (2019, 2021, 2022), his road OPS is around .780.

Except that isn't this year and I don't give a fuck what he did for other teams. Pujols was a fucking MVP for St Louis and did jack shit for the Angels except pad his stats. 

Unless Renfroe raises his away splits he isn't of any value. Every player has to have balanced performance or they imbalance the team. 

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

FYI if Renfroe re-signs with the Angels he’ll play half his games in Anaheim next year too. So it’s a good place for him to be a monster hitter 

That would be great if he could bat for the opposing teams on away games. 

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Or, Ward is eventually odd man out, and they re-sign Renfroe, move Trout to LF, and have Adell and Moniak split CF and back up Trout and Renfroe?

Ward should probably work on his infield skills, he might fit platooning with Walsh and backing up Rendon.