• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox (4/15/23) - Neto making MLB debut at SS batting 8th

mmc

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't like Loup much but he can be useful in the right role in this pen as your 4th/5th arm. I think Tepera is pretty much cooked and wouldn't be surprised if the team just DFA him at some point within these first couple months

They'll keep running him out there and then wonder why they're out of the playoff race by August, because they do this with the bullpen every year

3 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Going to get flamed for this but I think they should just trade Ohtani, Trout, DFA guys like Tepera and Loup and just burn this thing down. As long as they have high priced guys there will be playoff hopes/expectations. (Didn’t mention Rendon because you can’t trade him you’re just stuck until his contracts up)

Where have they gotten in a decade with Trout?  Build the minors up, lose 90 games for a couple of years if that’s what it takes.  Be good or be really bad - mediocrity doesn’t pay off.  Blow it up and try to become the Rays (or the ‘02 Angels).

They may trade Ohtani at the deadline.  If they did that and kept the payroll where it is this year it would work.  I wouldn’t trade Trout though.  Ever.

3 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Going to get flamed for this but I think they should just trade Ohtani, Trout, DFA guys like Tepera and Loup and just burn this thing down. As long as they have high priced guys there will be playoff hopes/expectations. (Didn’t mention Rendon because you can’t trade him you’re just stuck until his contracts up)

Where have they gotten in a decade with Trout?  Build the minors up, lose 90 games for a couple of years if that’s what it takes.  Be good or be really bad - mediocrity doesn’t pay off.  Blow it up and try to become the Rays (or the ‘02 Angels).

Lol, Trout is not tradable with his contract so he isn’t going anywhere. If they are way out of it before the deadline I can see Ohtani getting traded though 

Just now, Justin said:

I still think this team is better than the past few years. 

But with each game like this, I become less certain that the results will be any different. 

This has the look and feel of a team that wins 90 games, but then they'll end up with their usual 75 at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah.  I mean a lot of teams are finding their footing in the beginning and trying to sort thing out.

The good news is it appears Perry is being aggressive when it comes to making moves.  Neto is already up and Fletcher was optioned.

Now, he needs to get rid of Thaiss, promote at least a competent defensive catcher for now, and probably make 1 or 2 bullpen moves.

Angels just need to stay afloat at or above .500 while trying to figure this pen out. What gives me hope is that usually, it should be easier to fix a pen throughout the year rather than having to find improvements on offense or especially in the rotation. Angels certainly haven't been the best example of that over the years considering they seemingly can never find quality reliever options, but there's a path there

Gotta hope that they find some surprising reinforcements from the minors and if it comes to it, Perry can acquire a reliever or 2 on the trade market

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Our bullpen will end up landing us in 4th place. That's how bad it is. MAJOR adjustments need to happen as soon as possible.

And the defense...ugh. Thaiss is not a catcher.

I think fixing the bullpen mid-season is darn near impossible. Hopefully there’s an arm or three in minors that can contribute. Otherwise, this is the team they have 

Just now, Revad said:

They may trade Ohtani at the deadline.  If they did that and kept the payroll where it is this year it would work.  I wouldn’t trade Trout though.  Ever.

If they are not contending at the deadline, and they feel Ohtani will walk (which seems probably likely if they are not contending once again), they would be foolish to not trade him.  Even for 2 months of Ohtani, they could get a lot of excellent prospects, which is better than getting absolutely nothing.

2 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They'll keep running him out there and then wonder why they're out of the playoff race by August, because they do this with the bullpen every year

They know the clock is ticking with Ohtani, so I think they'll be far more aggressive at trying to fix things instead of going with the status quo. Neto callup this quickly showed that they know they have to be proactive.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Lol, Trout is not tradable with his contract so he isn’t going anywhere. If they are way out of it before the deadline I can see Ohtani getting traded though 

True but I wanted to trade him before his contract was up. Might be able to get the Yankees to take him but I know it’ll never happen.  Nothing against him I just have no faith in this organization.  
Gonna be another long season as they keep finding exciting ways to lose every night.