• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is the Rendon deal a bust?

Taylor

Rendon Bust Pole  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rendon deal a bust?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, but it will be soon.
    • This narrative is pointless.

Why does this thread keep getting bumped every few months? There's nothing to discuss. Results have been in for a while now.  As a fan, just gotta hope that since he doesn't like baseball, he decides to walk away by year 5 instead of playing out the full contract. Wishful thinking obviously, but that's the hope. Most likely it ends the same as the Pujols deal with the team just DFA at some point during his last season under contract

6 hours ago, REDneck said:

What he bust up this time?

he fouled a pitch off his shin. he could hardly walk and was taken out of the game. he was on crutches after yesterdays' game. no IL yet, but he didn't play today in spite of being "available."

6 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Why does this thread keep getting bumped every few months?

I bump it cause I'm sick of the Rendon narrative that he's an asset to this team when it's completely false.

He's a slap hitter with no power and his defense is unacceptable.

Thread started in April when people were defending him because of "duh shor seasin in 2020" where he actually played, and think he still has some drive.

Just another Arte fail. 

On 7/5/2023 at 8:19 PM, bloodbrother said:

Why does this thread keep getting bumped every few months? There's nothing to discuss. Results have been in for a while now.  As a fan, just gotta hope that since he doesn't like baseball, he decides to walk away by year 5 instead of playing out the full contract. Wishful thinking obviously, but that's the hope. Most likely it ends the same as the Pujols deal with the team just DFA at some point during his last season under contract

This thread seems to have true tenacity, much more than the guy who’s paid many millions per year to PLAY 3rd base for this team. 

I am dead set against trading Ohtani. But if the Angels do it, do you think it would be possible to have the trade partner take Rendon as well, even with that outrageous contract? I think if the Angels are will to take fliers on two lottery ticket single-A prospects back in the trade, they might find one. It would be worth it to get out underneath that contract and start with a relatively clean slate. 

6 hours ago, T-angel said:

I am dead set against trading Ohtani. But if the Angels do it, do you think it would be possible to have the trade partner take Rendon as well, even with that outrageous contract? I think if the Angels are will to take fliers on two lottery ticket single-A prospects back in the trade, they might find one. It would be worth it to get out underneath that contract and start with a relatively clean slate. 

No chance and it would be stupid to do that. 

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No chance and it would be stupid to do that. 

Perfect example. Why do you need to call the mans opinion stupid?

If you have a different opinion, then put it out there without being a Dick.

I just really think you havn't been exposed to enough in life to learn to deal with people...sad for someone your age!

5 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Perfect example. Why do you need to call the mans opinion stupid?

If you have a different opinion, then put it out there without being a Dick.

I just really think you havn't been exposed to enough in life to learn to deal with people...sad for someone your age!

Or it’s a terrible idea. Would you rather get more for Ohtani or less?  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or it’s a stupid idea. Would you rather get more for Ohtani or less?  

And you my man are not articulate, skilled or man enough to get your point across without insulting someone. I think it's too late in life for you to learn a little class. Carry on dude!

4 minutes ago, REDneck said:

And you my man are not articulate, skilled or man enough to get your point across without insulting someone. I think it's too late in life for you to learn a little class. Carry on dude!

So would you rather get more for Ohtani or less? You wanted a conversation. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

So would you rather get more for Ohtani or less?

I honestly don't give a shit what they

do with Ohtani at this point, but if I did I wouldn't berate other people because of their opinion.

I have stated how I feel about Ohtani in another thread...look it up if you're so inclined...I guarantee you I had more class than to call someone stupid or an idiot if they had a different opinion.

Going forward I don't want to spend any more time going back and forth with someone like you...take er easy!