• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Jimmy Herget is your best reliever...

• FabulousFabregas changed the title to When Jimmy Herget is your best reliever...

Results. My arm hurts watching him throw but he has been effective. I would give Loup a few more chances and if he sucks, bye. How does a guy say he pitched scared, like a little bitch or whatever he said. You're a professional pitcher. You don't get to throw scared. It not an option. This team needs a mental coach to build confidence. 

29 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

You don't get to throw scared. It not an option. This team needs a mental coach to build confidence. 

I think that’s a lot of his problem.  He has zero confidence.  He pitched like shit last year (I’ll give him a little credit the last month of the season last year), but he pitched like shit in Spring Training, pitched poorly in the WBC, and pitched crappy yesterday.

His velocity is low, his “sweeper” is all over the place, and when he does get it over, it gets smacked around because he constantly pitches from behind in the count.  A patient hitter knows this.  He’s a one trick pony.

At least with Herget, he changes speeds pretty well.  He’s got a little sneaky fastball that sometimes hits 91-92, he’s got a slider in the low 80’s, and he’s got a sweeping curve that tops out about 75.  I certainly don’t think he’s your prototypical closer, but in a bullpen that exudes zero confidence, I’ll take him.

12 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

We might see Joyce, Murphy, Torres and Bachman sooner than we think. 

Loup and Tepera scare me and god knows what Estevez will do.

I really think Bachman will be a reliever long term...though they still apparently want to work him as a starter...

Loup, Tepera, Moore, and Estevez will be fine. But I would like a few more hard throwing relievers to go with the soft tossing Loup and Herget. Quijada and Estevez are the two hardest throwing relievers in the pen now, right?