• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Padres (3/7/23): Davidson on the mound

both Phillips and Adell remade their swing this off season.  

People realize that Ward started working with Woodward 5 years ago right?  

Phillips just isn't that good and maybe Adell isn't either, but there isn't a switch.  Adell is gonna go to the minors after spring and keep working.  Stop expecting overnight changes.

30 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

both Phillips and Adell remade their swing this off season.  

People realize that Ward started working with Woodward 5 years ago right?  

Phillips just isn't that good and maybe Adell isn't either, but there isn't a switch.  Adell is gonna go to the minors after spring and keep working.  Stop expecting overnight changes.

Phillips is just PR and defensive replacement. Moniak should be 4th OF to start the season. Minasian to announce we have are OF after signing Phillips was stupid. Angels were only team to offer him a major league contract. If Phillips needs to work on his hitting maybe he should be sent down.

I think Thaiss has made a solid case for being the backup C to start the season. 

Davidson is in the lead for 6th spot,followed by canning. 

Joyce is going to be on the fast track. 

Paris and Adams have looked really good this spring. 

Soto's hit toon looks like the real thing, power might limit is upside.

Walsh has shown nice approaches, power will be something to keep an eye on.

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think Thaiss has made a solid case for being the backup C to start the season. 

Davidson is in the lead for 6th spot,followed by canning. 

Joyce is going to be on the fast track. 

Paris and Adams have looked really good this spring. 

Soto's hit toon looks like the real thing, power might limit is upside.

Walsh has shown nice approaches, power will be something to keep an eye on.

Disagree on Davidson, personally. That's 5 lefties. I think it's Canning's spot to lose. 

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Disagree on Davidson, personally. That's 5 lefties. I think it's Canning's spot to lose. 

Is 5 lefties a bad thing? Like if it was 5 righties, would we be questioning that?

You take the 5 best pitchers, regardless of handedness. That 4 of the 5 locked-in Angels starters are lefties shouldn't dissuade them from adding a 5th lefty.

Now, whether Davidson is the 6th best starter is a fair question. But I don't think it's proper to eliminate him just based on handedness.

21 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Is 5 lefties a bad thing? Like if it was 5 righties, would we be questioning that?

You take the 5 best pitchers, regardless of handedness. That 4 of the 5 locked-in Angels starters are lefties shouldn't dissuade them from adding a 5th lefty.

Now, whether Davidson is the 6th best starter is a fair question. But I don't think it's proper to eliminate him just based on handedness.

There are more RHHs than LHHs.

That’s got to be why we rarely see so many LHPs in any rotation.