• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Body Pain Pros

Taylor

This reminds me of a friend of mine who owned a horse.  The horse hated to go out on a walk.  It started limping.  This lasted a couple days and he called the vet and the vet didn't find anything wrong.  The next day, the horse started limping again... but it was limping on a different hoof.   That's when he figured out the horse was faking it.

17 minutes ago, T.G. said:

This reminds me of a friend of mine who owned a horse.  The horse hated to go out on a walk.  It started limping.  This lasted a couple days and he called the vet and the vet didn't find anything wrong.  The next day, the horse started limping again... but it was limping on a different hoof.   That's when he figured out the horse was faking it.

I wish I were faking it.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:14 AM, Taylor said:

I can't get an appointment with my doctor until March so I'm going to the next best place for answers.

My wife and I have been training for the O.C. half marathon, and last week while running I started feeling some pain in what I thought was my knees. After the run, the pain mostly went away. But the next day I went running again and felt the pain the whole time.

Now I have swelling/inflammation and tenderness just below my knee and to the inside of my legs. It's worse on the right leg but both legs have the pain centered in the same exact spot. Ibuprofen makes the pain go away temporarily. It feels the worst in the morning when I get out of bed. 

Dr. Google can't figure out if the location of the pain is consistent with shin splints or some kind of knee injury. I've run two half marathons before and have never had this issue.

The problem is... you keep running...

On 2/1/2023 at 8:14 AM, Taylor said:

I can't get an appointment with my doctor until March so I'm going to the next best place for answers.

My wife and I have been training for the O.C. half marathon, and last week while running I started feeling some pain in what I thought was my knees. After the run, the pain mostly went away. But the next day I went running again and felt the pain the whole time.

Now I have swelling/inflammation and tenderness just below my knee and to the inside of my legs. It's worse on the right leg but both legs have the pain centered in the same exact spot. Ibuprofen makes the pain go away temporarily. It feels the worst in the morning when I get out of bed. 

Dr. Google can't figure out if the location of the pain is consistent with shin splints or some kind of knee injury. I've run two half marathons before and have never had this issue.

Sounds like patella tendonitis. Stop eating seed oils

I also don't think it's patellar tendonitis because the pain is centered to the side of the patellar tendon.

I've been following the advice to rest, elevate, and ice as much as possible. Still pretty painful today, but less swelling and pain than yesterday and the day before.