• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adult Baseball Team in OC

cals

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

how did you do?

I only had one AB and I hit a line drive right at the left fielder.  For a second I thought it was going over his head and I was going to have a double or triple but he reached up and caught it.  Still, I got good wood on it, so I felt ok about it.  Played 3 innings at first and one in LF.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:25 PM, cals said:

I only had one AB and I hit a line drive right at the left fielder.  For a second I thought it was going over his head and I was going to have a double or triple but he reached up and caught it.  Still, I got good wood on it, so I felt ok about it.  Played 3 innings at first and one in LF.

You better get over to Driveline @cals.  Seems to be where guys attempt to straighten out their swings.  Even though it appears you made line drive contact, and didn’t flail away at a pitch 2 feet off the plate.

Edited by PattyD22

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bite the bullet and get Tommy John surgery.  If you don't, you will waste the next three seasons of the cheap club control years, bouncing back and forth on and off the DL.   

My shoulder and my elbow feel fine.  Honestly after all this time off they feel great.  

But I basically sprained my left wrist.  I assume it was from swinging the bat but I don’t know.  I had an MRI and I have tenosynovitis of the sheath of the ECU tendon.  I’ve been doing physical therapy and hope to play this weekend or next.  

But I guess it’s par for the course.  I’m 48 and out of shape.  Things don’t work like they used to.

At least it’s motivated me to exercise more, stretch regularly and be more aware of my health.  I’m at that age where some people are still active and healthy orthopedicly and others start to fall apart.  I don’t want to fall apart.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

My shoulder and my elbow feel fine.  Honestly after all this time off they feel great.  

But I basically sprained my left wrist.  I assume it was from swinging the bat but I don’t know.  I had an MRI and I have tenosynovitis of the sheath of the ECU tendon.  I’ve been doing physical therapy and hope to play this weekend or next.  

But I guess it’s par for the course.  I’m 48 and out of shape.  Things don’t work like they used to.

At least it’s motivated me to exercise more, stretch regularly and be more aware of my health.  I’m at that age where some people are still active and healthy orthopedicly and others start to fall apart.  I don’t want to fall apart.

Tendon injury.  That's how it always starts.  Tommy John surgery time.  Or amputation if you are diagnosed by an Angels medical staff member.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Tendon injury.  That's how it always starts.  Tommy John surgery time.  Or amputation if you are diagnosed by an Angels medical staff member.

All the doctors in your family would be disappointed.  I have a wrist injury.  Not elbow.  

But if Tommy John is the patron saint of overused elbows then I assume @mmc would be for overused wrists.  Hey mmc, after your million self-sessions thinking of your pretend Canadian GF during lockdown, did you ice the wrists or what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...