• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE ATHLETIC Exposes Another Angel Scouting Mistake

JoJo26

Spezio's dad played major league baseball. Orlando Palmeiro had a cousin that was a pretty good ball player. Jeff Davannon's dad played MLB baseball. The Molina's were brothers. Clay Bellinger's son turned out alright. We obviously need more family connections in order to win a world series.

I went to the Drillers game last night and Percival pitched 1-1/3 innings.  He had control issues with his breaking ball, balked a couple of times, but was consistently 95 - 96 with his fastball and topped at 97.  I saw enough that I think the Angels should have offered him a FA contract for what he signed for.  Also saw what-might-have-been-Angel Andy Pages.  Still not sure about that whole nixxed trade, but if you believe in Rengifo & Ward, I guess it was a good thing we passed.  

• 8 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, Duren, Duren said:

This is really digging in the weeds to intentionally make an organization look bad. Very few sons are equal or better than their dads. Some, of course are, but the pressure and expectations make it harder. 

And castigate the same franchise over a fake sentimental angle? Really fishing for clicks. 

Moises Alou had a good career and arguably was about equal to his father Felipe.  Who also happened to share the outfield with his two brothers for a short time. And who, ironically, became his manager. Eduardo Perez was no Tony. I used to see the fat little kid run around Olympic Stadium  after games when his dad played for the Expos. Griffey Jr.  of course was an exception, but he didn't sign or play for his dad's team. No need to even pursue the subject any further. It was a simple scouting equation like thousands of others. 

IMG_20220809_223605_4.jpg

Dale Berra played for the Pirates as a shortstop, but he was never more than a marginal major leaguer.