• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The race to a top 5 draft pick(Gameday thread) Angels @ Braves Detmers pitching 10:35 A.M start

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It matters because what you say above is that "a lot of posters WOULD RATHER," which implies the present. At the least, might as well see what the current tenor is. Four years is a long time, in baseball years.

Sure, you can see what they would say now but they already committed for life 4 years ago. Are you suggesting it's like marriage? Getting married means you want to spend the rest of your life with that person but in 4 years, you might change your mind? Kevin Durant signing a 4 year extension and then wanting to be traded? Again, the poll was for the REST OF TROUT'S career meaning 21 people back then KNEW the Angels would not win the World Series as long as Trout was on the team and were fine with it. It's 4 years later and Trout is still an Angel and they haven't won a World Series so they are getting just want they wanted. Why would they want it any different now? The Angels haven't won a World Series and they knew that 4 years ago.

6 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sure, you can see what they would say now but they already committed for life 4 years ago. Are you suggesting it's like marriage? Getting married means you want to spend the rest of your life with that person but in 4 years, you might change your mind? Kevin Durant signing a 4 year extension and then wanting to be traded? Again, the poll was for the REST OF TROUT'S career meaning 21 people back then KNEW the Angels would not win the World Series as long as Trout was on the team and were fine with it. It's 4 years later and Trout is still an Angel and they haven't won a World Series so they are getting just want they wanted. Why would they want it any different now? The Angels haven't won a World Series and they knew that 4 years ago.

OK, then don't say "lots of posters would rather," but instead say, "four years ago, lots of poster would HAVE rather"...

People can and do change their minds, and it isn't unreasonable to do so.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

OK, then don't say "lots of posters would rather," but instead say, "four years ago, lots of poster would HAVE rather"...

People can and do change their minds, and it isn't unreasonable to do so.

Oh good lord talk about semantics.

Do you know how commitments work? You can't just commit 10-12 years then say whoops, let's act like that didn't happen and go back.

Sure, everyone on here can change their minds but that is not a luxury baseball franchise have and it is unreasonable to be pissed at a franchises' decisions that didn't pan out after they did exactly what the fans asked for 4 years ago.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

Do you know how commitments work? You can't just commit 10-12 years then say whoops, let's act like that didn't happen and go back.

Sure, everyone on here can change their minds but is unreasonable to be pissed at a franchise decisions that didn't pan out after they did exactly what the fans asked for 4 years ago.

Peoples opinions and franchise decisions, one has nothing to do with the other.  Semantics or not. 

The bottom line is that 21 posters here are getting exactly what they wanted 4 years ago. If I told a smoker that you can keep smoking and be dead of cancer in 4 years or stop smoking now and die of old age and they choose to smoke for the next 4 years and die, do they get to then decide in 4 years of smoking that they want to stop and die of old age instead? In that case, they win no matter what because they got to smoke cigs for the last 4 years and now they still get to die of old age. That's fair?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

The bottom line is that 21 posters here are getting exactly what they wanted 4 years ago. If I told a smoker that you can keep smoking and be dead of cancer in 4 years or stop smoking now and die of old age and they choose to smoke for the next 4 years and die, do they get to then decide in 4 years of smoking that they want to stop and die of old age instead? In that case, they win no matter what because they got to smoke cigs for the last 4 years and now they still get to die of old age. That's fair?

Yea us 21 people knew we’d be under .500 every year the next 4 years. Fuck off with that. 

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Well said.

I applaud you for taking the time to succinctly describe exactly the situation while really your effort should not be required.

People around here just have a hard time admitting they were/are wrong.

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Well said.

I applaud you for taking the time to succinctly describe exactly the situation while really your effort should not be required.

People around here just have a hard time admitting they were/are wrong.

Says the guy that didn’t take a stance on the situation four years ago when the poll was created or since.  Another fine contribution on your part. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Says the guy that didn’t take a stance on the situation four years ago when the poll was created or since.  Another fine contribution on your part. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I love that Gilbert is calling people out but never voted.  Awesome. 

I miss one poll from 4 years ago and now my opinion is irrelevent?

I didn't call any single person out I'm going off what the poll says. Is that not valid?

How about you go call out everyone that missed it as well you useless hack.

19 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Sure, everyone on here can change their minds but that is not a luxury baseball franchise have and it is unreasonable to be pissed at a franchises' decisions that didn't pan out after they did exactly what the fans asked for 4 years ago.

Sometimes semantics are meaningful. There's a big difference between saying "lots of posters would rather" and "four years ago, lots of posters would rather have..."

If you want to be a dick, bag on people for believing that four years ago, but don't assume that's how they feel today.

5 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I miss one poll from 4 years ago and now my opinion is irrelevent?

I didn't call any single person out I'm going off what the poll says. Is that not valid?

How about you go call out everyone that missed it as well you useless hack.

Those guys aren’t being a dick and talking from a position of being better than the people who voted a certain way.  When they are dicks  I’ll call them out. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Sometimes semantics are meaningful. There's a big difference between saying "lots of posters would rather" and "four years ago, lots of posters would rather have..."

If you want to be a dick, bag on people for believing that four years ago, but don't assume that's how they feel today.

We have no idea how he felt 4 years ago on the subject.  Which makes him calling out people on it really fucking dumb. 

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

The bottom line is that 21 posters here are getting exactly what they wanted 4 years ago.

BS. This isn’t exactly what anyone wanted. Your reading comprehension is shit and you’re an a-hole.

Many were prepared for losing if it meant keeping Trout, but that’s not what anyone actually wanted, dip shit.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

BS. This isn’t exactly what anyone wanted. Your reading comprehension is shit and you’re an a-hole.

Many were prepared for losing if it meant keeping Trout, but that’s not what anyone actually wanted, dip shit.

I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

The poll was asking what's more important to you: Having Trout or winning a WS. Not that they are mutually exclusive. 

For me, I'm a fan of the name on front of the jersey. I've always been that way. That's why I voted as I did.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Not sure why you are so angry and offensive. I am referring to the 21 posters that stated they would rather have Trout as an Angel for life and not win a world series. So yes, they are getting exactly what they want as of today. Again, the poll the poll the poll. 21 people in that poll would rather see Trout on the Angels for the rest of his career than win a world series. Right now, the 21 people that voted that way in the poll are seeing it happen. Can I make it any clearer than that?

35 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Maybe take a time out and go to your happy place TG. ❤️