• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stop the hat already

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That’s one of the things missing.    
A manager who understands the balance between a solid clubhouse and respect for the game, a manager who expects performance yet doesn’t scream like a Terry Collins.

This has been a rudderless ship the past 3.5 seasons.

That has to stop this off-season.

No more sloppy results 

I was fine with the hat when we were winning and having fun. I liked seeing the guys celebrate the good times. 

But in July we have 2 wins and 12 fucking losses. 

At this point, honestly, I would prefer a manager that screams like Terry Collins. Call players out on their bullshit at bats. We need someone that finds the performance out there unacceptable and demands they do it better. Have him flip a couple tables in the locker room after games like last night. Someone that turns the stadium lights back on and tells Adell he's not going home until he can catch a fly ball and throw 50 strikes to 2nd base from right field. 

The hat needs to go, the smiles need to stop, there needs to be a strict no bullshit type of guy in charge who puts order into the organization in this club. 

Until they are in 1st place or make the playoffs, the dicking around needs to stop. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This hat nonsense wouldn't happen under a Darin Erstad.

It's embarrassing and cringe-worthy given our horrible play.

Again, complete reversal of attitude needed. And some people who can play baseball. This team doesn't stink, it rots.

And the stench of the team has nothing to do with the hat and doesn’t improve without the hat. This is like the dumb ass guys that think Marsh cutting his hair will help him. Erstad doesn’t want to manage so who gives a shit what he thinks. 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

I regret to inform you that the team and the players still suck absolute ass with or without the hat

But is fans want to be pissed at everything so fuck the hat!  Every player should live with a constant scowl on their face or they don’t care. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not much has gone right this season and they are out of it so I don’t have issue if the guys find the hat fun. 

The problem is that this isn’t a little league team. These are paid athletes. I don’t expect them to be soldiers in the dugout, but they should show some pride especially given their failures as a team. It’s not working. Change some things until it does. Go back to having “fun” when you’re in a place to do so.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

The problem is that this isn’t a little league team. These are paid athletes. I don’t expect them to be soldiers in the dugout, but they should show some pride in their failures as a team. It’s not working. Change some things until it does. Go back to having “fun” when you’re in a place to do so.

Oooh Strad isn't gonna like this one. No sir.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I regret to inform you that the team and the players still suck absolute ass with or without the hat

See, this mentality is part of the problem. 

"We suck ass and can't win ballgames but lets celebrate a Vernon Wells-esque meaningless home run..."

At what point is someone going to say "We don't deserve to have fun until we're winning"?

Or is that no longer important? 

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The problem is that this isn’t a little league team. These are paid athletes. I don’t expect them to be soldiers in the dugout, but they should show some pride especially given their failures as a team. It’s not working. Change some things until it does. Go back to having “fun” when you’re in a place to do so.

100%

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I understand that sentiment but there is zero chance they play a meaningful game the rest of the season so the only thing left is to have fun. This team really sucks so being loosey goosey may be the only thing that helps them not be complete shit. I really don’t care either way though 

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

"We suck ass and can't win ballgames but lets celebrate a Vernon Wells-esque meaningless home run..."

At what point is someone going to say "We don't deserve to have fun until we're winning"?

Except that isn’t their mentality. 

4 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Who said thats the teams mentality? I'm just saying that stopping the celebration won't change the results except I guess give some fans some assurance that the team isn't happy with their performance

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I understand that sentiment but there is zero chance they play a meaningful game the rest of the season so the only thing left is to have fun. This team really sucks so being loosey goosey may be the only thing that helps them not be complete shit. I really don’t care either way though 

That’s not remotely true. They can work on their skills and get better. Again. This isn’t a little league team. They get paid to be in the best at what they do.