• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2023 World Baseball Classic Thread

mmc

Officially a Kendrys?

Edwin Díaz injury update: Mets closer likely out for 2023 MLB season after hurting knee during WBC celebration

The New York Mets will likely be without All-Star closer Edwin Díaz for the entire 2023 MLB season. On Thursday, GM Billy Eppler announced Díaz suffered a full-thickness tear of the patellar tendon in his right knee during Puerto Rico's on-field celebration following their win over the Dominican Republic in Wednesday night's win-or-go-home World Baseball Classic game. Díaz will have surgery Thursday and the recovery time is generally eight months.

Olberman is just playing his media role. He's a professional idiot and troll. 

The WBC is a big deal for most of the countries involved. And injuries happen - Diaz was a total fluke thing that could have happened any time. People just want to lash out and blame someone or something when they're pissed. I'd feel the same way if it was Ohtani or Trout who had a season ending injury. It would suck, but stuff happens. 

I am kinda pissed at Venezuela sitting Rengifo and messing with his Spring because the manager has favorites he wants to play - whether they're better or not. There's a responsibility to managing in the WBC: You need to do right by the players getting ready for the season (and, honestly, that also includes not overplaying some players as well as underplaying others). I'd say screw that team, but they don't deserve it just because their manager is a loser. 

14 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Even the communists on the baseball subreddit don’t like him.

That should tell you something.

I don't like him either. Doesn't mean he's wrong 100% of the time. Wasn't he a sports commentator before he became an MSNBC bot?

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You need to be less boomer and a little more millennial.

What's fun is Gen Z see millennials as old farts.

You are.  You haven't realized it yet?

Now you're just the boring, middle-aged gay man.  You are no longer the hip, young twink.