• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Help me write a story!

BTW, did Lorenzon's arm fall off last night. I tuned in last and he was barely hitting 93 with 80 pitches in the 3rd inning. Was someone was so pissed that even when it ended up bases loaded they didn't pull him?

They're not as good as they were before the 14-game losing streak. The bullpen wasn't going to be near-perfect. The rotation was getting lucky. Marsh, Ward, and some of the bench guys were "over-performing" a bit to their ability"

They're not as bad as they've been since the 14-game losing streak started. Law of averages starting correcting things hard - a little too hard - in the opposite direction.

The perception to us as fans is really dramatic because these times so starkly contrasted each other. My worry now is that the pressure/morale/Maddon firing/subsequent injury to Rendon will tank any momentum they might have had to crawl out of this unlucky pit they found themselves in. The mental part of the game is weighing on them, as is the year's of underperforming. 

The Angels badly need to find their mojo and snap off a strong winning streak, or Minasian needs to makes a trade to try and get some help. 

There is enough major league talent locked up for the foreseeable future, the rotation is young and has depth after last year's draft, and the bullpen, inconsistent as it has been, is mostly under contract still. 

Roll the dice and make an impact trade or two in the next month and see if that energizes the team, and Minasian needs to draft strong and be prepped to sell if they're floundering in a month.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

Points?

My point is that Chic Fila does things as an organization that separates them from Popeyes and other fast food establishments. Their ownership model , training , and product quality are different. That’s lead to the highest profit margins per restaurant and a consistent experience throughout their chains. The Angels may do everything right and have just been terribly unlucky.  I hate the cardinals but they’ve been fairly consistent without breaking the bank. I say it’s likely that there are some organizational and management philosophies that are different. 

On 6/25/2022 at 11:21 PM, Erstad Grit said:

1. Angels stopped playing small ball and moving runners. 

I thought that might be the case too. Came here to post the same thing. Yes, I know they were hitting plenty out of the park early on, but they were also playing old school baseball by moving runners and bunting etc. Or it least it appeared to be so.

Is playing 'small ball' something you can measure @Jeff Fletcher ? Thanks.

22 hours ago, Taylor said:

Some of these guys might think that women can't be funny.

Women certainly can be funny.  But let me ask you an honest question.

If you had to bet your life savings on who would be more funny in a stand up comedy routine, who do you lay your money on?

Your choices are two people you have never heard of before, Beth Johnson and Pete Johnson.

Who do you bet on?  I can’t wait for you to tell me you would flip a coin.

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Women certainly can be funny.  But let me ask you an honest question.

If you had to bet your life savings on who would be more funny in a stand up comedy routine, who do you lay your money on?

Your choices are two people you have never heard of before, Beth Johnson and Pete Johnson.

Who do you bet on?  I can’t wait for you to tell me you would flip a coin.

I would bet my money that women are equally as funny as men, but because historically women weren't given as many oppotunities to be comedians as men were, the majority of comedians are men. In 10, 20, 30 years perhaps that will change.

Same reason there are more male doctors and lawyers than female ones. And on the other hand, why there are more female teachers and nurses than male ones.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I would bet my money that women are equally as funny as men, but because historically women weren't given as many oppotunities to be comedians as men were, the majority of comedians are men. In 10, 20, 30 years perhaps that will change.

Same reason there are more male doctors and lawyers than female ones. And on the other hand, why there are more female teachers and nurses than male ones.

Are there professions where the core responsibilities are better suited to women vs men in general?

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Are there professions where the core responsibilities are better suited to women vs men in general?

Probably, but I think there are far fewer than traditionally thought. You have to take history in account when you look at gender disparities in professions, rather than assuming because there are more men doing X job and more women doing Y job, men and women are better suited for X and Y job respectively.

Just now, Taylor said:

Probably, but I think there are far fewer than traditionally thought. You have to take history in account when you look at gender disparities in professions, rather than assuming because there are more men doing X job and more women doing Y job, men and women are better suited for X and Y job respectively.

Agreed that history and opportunity have a payed large roles.  I am just saying I am not really down with the idea that both sexes are equivalent matches to every job.  There are differences between men and women and society can be better off overall accepting that.

Today and going forward I do not automatically think something has to “corrected” if we see more men than women in a particular profession or vice versa.  There is also a really good chance it’s just natural.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Is that comment really necessary?

Once again, politics enters the main board. Somehow, on a post about a Jeff Fletcher story.

What I said has nothing to do with politics, but it's interesting that you think it does.

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think the implication was clear Taylor.

Gender issues have always been political. You know this. Your posts have become all a bunch of troll attempts.

I'm honestly not trying to troll with any of my posts. My post actually led to a good discussion with dtwncbad.

Gender equality isn't inherently political. There are sexist people on all sides of the political spectrum. 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I'm honestly not trying to troll with any of my posts. My post actually led to a good discussion with dtwncbad.

Gender equality isn't inherently political. There are sexist people on all sides of the political spectrum. 

So you've become so ideologically warped that you think people might find things not funny for no other reason than the fact that they were/are said by a woman? And you think that sincerely? 

Very sad.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So you've become so ideologically warped that you think people might find things not funny for no other reason than the fact that they were/are said by a woman? And you think that sincerely? 

Very sad.

There are a few people on AW who have literally said women can't be funny. You can probably guess who they were.

• Blarg locked this topic