• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 = 1995

Well, not quite as bad but a similar quality. To re-cap:

1995: On August 15, the Angels were 64-38, 10.5 games ahead in the AL West. They then proceeded to lose 28 of their next 37 games, including two 9-game losing streaks, falling out of 1st in the process, and then losing in a one-game playoff to the Mariners, who were 52-50, 12 games behind the Angels back on August 15.

2022: On May 15, the Angels are 24-13, tied for 1st. They lose 14 of the next 17, and are now 7.5 games behind 1st, with an active losing streak at 10 games and counting.

Of course the big difference is that we're just one-third of the way through the season -- 108 games remaining is a lot of time to turn things around. But it sure feels like 1995, although that season was capped by the "insult to injury" re-capture of 1st place in a tie with the Mariners, and then The Worst Game in Angels History.

And while part of my wants to say f*ck it, I'm throwing in the towel on the year, if I still to some sense of rationality, I'm fairly certain they'll turn this ship around and stay "in the mix" for a wild-card spot. But what a far cry from how things felt back on May 15.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It for sure = 2018, 2019.

Two tank jobs after good starts (13-3 in 2018, 54-49 in 2019)

Can someone say what is going to chsnge the rest of the season, now that they are about to go under .500 after 6 straight seasons of that crap?

Well, they simply aren't this bad and will regress positively. If you ignore the losing streak and just look at their record, there are plenty of teams who were at .500 one-third of the way through, that ended up winning 90+ games. Maybe not the Angels, but other teams.

But something is clearly off. 

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can someone say what is going to chsnge the rest of the season, now that they are about to go under .500 after 6 straight seasons of that crap?

The 54-49 was from a mini hot streak after Skaggs died and they pitched that combined no-hitter.

Then they got their asses handed to them by Baltimore and Detroit and crashed back to reality. 

You know, a typical Angels year.

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The 54-49 was from a mini hot streak after Skaggs died and they pitched that combined no-hitter.

Then they got their asses handed to them by Baltimore and Detroit and crashed back to reality. 

That season sucked.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I can, but you won’t believe me.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Your needle is stuck.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I actually lol’d reading this.  Oh yes I remember. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let me guess, every key player magically gets healthy, which never happens with this team, and Maddon morphs into Scioscia circa 2000s?

Or they play to their abilities. Not over their head, they play to their ability.