• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 minutes ago, mypillow.com said:

That’s legitimately hilarious.

Yep, I had to try hard not to burst out laughing.  I did let him go and still let him get paid for the group.  But it was just bizarre.  Funny thing is, one of my first bosses back when I was working as an assistant at Fox used to work for Cameron's company, so he oversaw any projects Cameron was developing at Fox.  I don't think I ever heard my boss or any of the execs/assistants at Lightstorm ever refer to him as anything BUT Jim.

(Side note: his long-time producing partner Jon Landau is legitimately one of the nicest guys working in Hollywood.)

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep, I had to try hard not to burst out laughing.  I did let him go and still let him get paid for the group.  But it was just bizarre.  Funny thing is, one of my first bosses back when I was working as an assistant at Fox used to work for Cameron's company, so he oversaw any projects Cameron was developing at Fox.  I don't think I ever heard my boss or any of the execs/assistants at Lightstorm ever refer to him as anything BUT Jim.

(Side note: his long-time producing partner Jon Landau is legitimately one of the nicest guys working in Hollywood.)

Whenever you hear somebody talk about working with him in an interview, they always refer to him as “Jim.” In fact, I’ve never heard Sigourney Weaver say “James” once.

That truly made me laugh.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep, I liked it a lot--and I thought Steinfeld and her character were both great.  Get used to her, because she'll be appearing in multiple movies and TV shows moving forward.  I like her as an actress.  I watched the entire run of Dickinson on Apple TV+--and I also think Edge of Seventeen should have gotten a lot more attention than in did when it was released in 2016.

Edge of Seventeen was a great movie. I don't question her ability as an actress, just the way she was written and directed in Hawkeye.

Overall, I felt the show had cheesy dialogue (I know all MCU content does, but this felt like a student filmmaker trying to emulate MCU dialogue), and the storylines very contrived.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Some of the best TV series start out slow. Nothing worse than an exciting pilot followed by a bunch of filler until the finale.

Really just comes down to how well it's written.

I think it'd be fair to call the dragon show 'slow' at this point. The difference is every episode has maintained an internal three act structure, which helps you forget that the main story takes 30 years to play out.

Prime:  Expanse Season 6  Finally got around to watching this one.  For some reason I thought it was going to be the full length for the season, and not just 6 episodes.  A good, but not great ending for the show.  Overall, it's a strange, but good 6 seasons.  Especially if you are a sci fi fan.  

Spoiler

I didn't get the whole zombie kid, protomolecule planet that they showed at the beginning of each episode.  The only thing I got out of it, was that the protomolecule was stable, unlike the stuff that was encountered previously.  And they really didn't explain the protomolecule completely, unless I missed it which is a possibility.  

On 10/4/2022 at 6:20 PM, gotbeer said:

Prime:  Expanse Season 6  Finally got around to watching this one.  For some reason I thought it was going to be the full length for the season, and not just 6 episodes.  A good, but not great ending for the show.  Overall, it's a strange, but good 6 seasons.  Especially if you are a sci fi fan.  

Reveal hidden contents

Read the books, since they had to take a pause after S6.

I miss the show so much 

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Ozark Season 4  After some 200+ days away, resubbed to Netflix.  First on the list was Ozark.  Man, not how I thought it would end.  Kind of a dark decent into madness season.  I think it might have been a good thing that they didn't drag it on.  But worth the 4 season watch.

Is it done? I thought they were breaking the final season into two parts and was going to binge both when the second part came out.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

The final season was split into two parts. Both have already aired. The series has ended. 

Word. Thanks. I'll jump back in the mix. Hopefully they do a good recap going in. 

The one thing I really hated about Covid was the long layover with certain shows.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:48 PM, mypillow.com said:

Absolutely not. It’s amazingly well done. It’s not just trying to play the hits like Obi Wan. It’s intentional and well crafted. The fewer space wizards, the better.

Update: through 5 episodes, it’s still tremendous. Andor is better than anything in Star Wars since Rogue One.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

walter payton's final regular season game was at the colisseum, bears vs. raiders. took my wife, brother, and SIL.

the raiders won, 6-3. worst game ever.

Payton’s last game? Not the worst then as that’s pretty cool you got to see it in person