• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels (5/28/22 7pm): Lorenzen on the mound, Ohtani is back, no Ward

1 minute ago, cals said:

I hope they fire Maddon.  I have no particular attachment to him.  But I love I told you sos.  Love the shit out of those things.  From Bauer to Buttrey I’ve I told you so’d the shit out of this ridiculous group.  

Happy I Love You GIF by The Voice of Italy

Just now, cals said:

Please say you are joking.

That’s why I said it could be a dumb question. The defensive team has the choice to make it a force out but if they choose not to force the runner out then if the guy touches home before the tag out is recorded it feels like it should count. I’ve never seen it. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s why I said it could be a dumb question. The defensive team has the choice to make it a force out but if they choose not to force the runner out then if the guy touches home before the tag out is recorded it feels like it should count. I’ve never seen it. 

It’s still a force out though. Tag or not.

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

You're wrong dude yes it would. 

How do you interpret this rule (the bolded (1) part):

4.09 HOW A TEAM SCORES.

(a) One run shall be scored each time a runner legally advances to and touches first, second, third and home base before three men are put out to end the inning. EXCEPTION: A run is not scored if the runner advances to home base during a play in which the third out is made (1) by the batter-runner before he touches first base; (2) by any runner being forced out; or (3) by a preceding runner who is declared out because he failed to touch one of the bases.

1 minute ago, cals said:

I get the question now. But a put out of a runner that hasn’t advanced to his next base either through a force at the bag or by tag is still a force.

So you are saying as long as it’s a force out it doesn’t need to be forced out he can be tagged out and when it occurs doesn’t matter as long as the out is recorded. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

So you are saying as long as it’s a force out it doesn’t need to be forced out he can be tagged out and when it occurs doesn’t matter as long as the out is recorded. 

Yeah the runner from home to 1st base is a special circumstance from all other runners. Tagged or thrown out, it's a "forced out" regardless if they tag him or throw to 1st.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In an alternative situation, had there been one out and a runner on first and third and the ball is hit to the 1B who steps on 1B creating an out, then throws to second, the runner from 3rd to home can score because there is no force at second. The play doesn’t end until the runner is tagged.  This happened yesterday or the day before and our lazy runner lolligagged and the run did not score.  But the manner in which a forced runner is out is irrelevant.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

At first base, yes.

8 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

4.09 HOW A TEAM SCORES.

(a) One run shall be scored each time a runner legally advances to and touches first, second, third and home base before three men are put out to end the inning. EXCEPTION: A run is not scored if the runner advances to home base during a play in which the third out is made (1) by the batter-runner before he touches first base; (2) by any runner being forced out; or (3) by a preceding runner who is declared out because he failed to touch one of the bases.

Wow I've never read that before. Luckily I've never had that happen. I guess I'm wrong. 

11 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

4.09 HOW A TEAM SCORES.

I, too, would like to know.