• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chase Silseth selected to start tomorrow's game in Oakland vs. the A's?

Chuck

Not sure how I feel about this.

But I guess I'll trust the process. Maybe they're trying to be as aggressive as possible with these 2021 picks to see what they have going forward.

Could be they're going cheap with the rotation to save money for Ohtani?

3 minutes ago, failos said:

That was fast…I wonder when we’ll see Bachman

Can you imagine our homegrown rotation of: Ohtani, Detmers, Sandoval, Silseth and Bachman to go along with one of Syndergaard/Lorenzen or someone else via trade or free agency at end of this season?

This got me to thinking. I would love to sign Syndergaard to an extension. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine our homegrown rotation of: Ohtani, Detmers, Sandoval, Silseth and Bachman to go along with one of Syndergaard/Lorenzen or someone else via trade or free agency at end of this season?

Sandoval was acquired in a trade, so not really "homegrown."  Your larger point still stands, though!

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

We definitely need Syndergaard. Having that experienced, TOR piece is important to compete against the top teams out there. And I’d imagine he’s a great mentor since he’s an amazing clubhouse guy.

But yeah, I’m stoked about the up and coming youngins in the rotation—the future looks brighter than it ever has imo.

1 minute ago, failos said:

@mmc, Chuck is beating you at your own game. I expected you to post this stuff first.

@mmc had to put his lifetime dog down a day or two ago, I'm sure he's probably grieving. 

Really tough to lose our furry family members. I know it took me a while to get over Archie. 😞 

7 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

What a meteoric rise.  Is he the first player drafted in the 2021 draft to have made an MLB appearance?  I would have to think so, yes?

I was scanning Baseball Reference draft page and looks like he will be the first. He is also an 11th round pick.  

*I just read a note that they have not yet matched the 2021 debuts to their draft into. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@mmc had to put his lifetime dog down a day or two ago, I'm sure he's probably grieving. 

Really tough to lose our furry family members. I know it took me a while to get over Archie. 😞 

Damn it. Really sorry to hear that 😢.

I dread the day my buddies will pass on…