• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone planning on going to 6-4-22 Vs. Philadelphia?

Hubs

4 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Eh, I make better cheesesteaks than anything I'd had in Philly (pro tip - the scraps from breaking down a psmo is a great start)

Gotta say, though, the roast pork sandwiches, beilers donuts, hoagies, and soft pretzels are awfully good - but like you said, hard pass on sitting with Philly fans.

Oh man, now I'm hungry. I just did a brisket. I'm going to sharpen my knife and make a thin sliced brisket sammich with horseradish and au jus.

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They're worse than Dodgers, Yankees and Boston fans from my experience and I haven't even been to Philly. lol

I think the difference is that Philadelphia fans will turn against their home teams in an instant, while the other three fanbases you mentioned are arrogant and often delusional.

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh man, now I'm hungry. I just did a brisket. I'm going to sharpen my knife and make a thin sliced brisket sammich with horseradish and au jus.

Oh, man, I do love brisket - I just did a homemade pastrami a couple weeks ago - corned a brisket, then smoked it - I'd have never believed it, but a Rueben made with homemade pastrami might legit be the best sandwich ever made ...

Now *I'm* hungry 🙂

42 minutes ago, Hubs said:

For those that have been there, where do I go for a cheesesteak the following day?

Jim's on South Street is my preference (you used to be able to order them at milkboy across the street, which is (ws?)  kind of nice - gives you a place to sit.  That might've been a Covid thing, tho)

Last time I was there I got one from Sonny's on Market street - it was freezing out and I was starving, so my opinion might be skewed, but the cheesesteak and fries seemed amazing - and bonus, there's seating and they were really chill and friendly.

https://sonnyscheesesteaks.com/

https://jimssouthstreet.com/

If you go to the terminal market,  the best things include apple dumplings ala mode at the Dutch Eating place and/or a salty caramel donut at beilers and/or pretzels at miller's.  There's also a DiNics at the terminal market for a kind of famous roast pork.