• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is not magical

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Too much dead weight in the lineup. We rely on the top of the order to do everything.

The lineup really isn’t that great. We have a great core in Ohtani/Trout/Adell/Walsh, but then five spots that are either total question marks or likely to provide subpar production. Which might be okay if we had excellent pitching. 

I mean, Marsh is fine.  Not sure why he's getting hate.  2 for 7 in two games with 2 walks and some good ABs. 

Trout and Marsh need to be the two stalwarts in the OF in my opinion.  If Maddon doesn't have faith in Adell just send him to AAA and at least get him some reps.  

But yeah, this offense is pretty concerning, especially if our core guys are going to be getting a lot of rest days.  Looking at the quality of ABs and plate discipline from Houston versus our scrubs is night and day.  Fletcher is a utility/bench guy at this point, and everyone outside of Ohtani/Trout/Walsh/Rendon are just plugs.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm pretty sure he's serious.

meh.  sort of.  mostly it's that you've got to beat good teams in the way that we saw the astros beat the Angels.  That wasn't some dominant beat down and as @AngelsLakersFan said earlier it's the little things to some degree (even though I disagree with his example).  But several of the concerns I had already showed up in just four games.  

Even though the pen wasn't perfect, it will get better as starters lengthen their outings.  So less Herget and Ortega in high leverage.  AT least until they get some confidence and god willing they're used correctly.  

Lineup depth sucks.  Reliant mostly on your top four.  Maybe five.  We've already seen Duffy and Mayfield at cleanup vs. lefties.  Sure, fine, they've had a couple hits, but those are not sustainable cleanup hitters.  And Adell and Marsh are going to struggle at times.  But like today, the fourth game of the season, our 4-9 was mayfield, adell, rojas, suzuki, fletcher and Wade.  That bottom three is a shit show if someone has a night off.  

And maybe it's also that the Astros consistently pull prospects out of their ass like we haven't really been able to do in years.  Like Pena, McCormick and Siri.  Those guys come up and somehow end up at least serviceable.  But they're conceding 2, maybe 3 spots in the lineup.  Today we conceded 6.  And if you're not convinced it's a concession based on these first four games, just wait till it actually plays out over the long season.  

Everyone's biggest concern was SP.  We got solid to really good performances in all four starts during this series and lost 3 of 4 to the team we're gonna be looking up at who seemed to be just a little bit better at everything.  

1 minute ago, cals said:

I really want the Angels to succeed this year.  And frankly I had and still have a feeling that this year is going to be different.  That said, this place is more fun when shit is going wrong.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, Lou said:

That's my jam!

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The only positives I'm finding in this 2022 version of the Angels are:

Trout and Rendon are healthy (so far)

Syndergaard could be a magical reclamation project after all.

There is an additional wild card to chase.

Other than that, I can't think offhand of anything.

LOUp

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The only positives I'm finding in this 2022 version of the Angels are:

Trout and Rendon are healthy (so far)

Syndergaard could be a magical reclamation project after all.

There is an additional wild card to chase.

Other than that, I can't think offhand of anything.

Yeah between Ohtani and Syndergaard I can at least look forward to the first 5 innings of 1/3 of the games

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

meh.  sort of.  mostly it's that you've got to beat good teams in the way that we saw the astros beat the Angels.  That wasn't some dominant beat down and as @AngelsLakersFan said earlier it's the little things to some degree (even though I disagree with his example).  But several of the concerns I had already showed up in just four games.  

Even though the pen wasn't perfect, it will get better as starters lengthen their outings.  So less Herget and Ortega in high leverage.  AT least until they get some confidence and god willing they're used correctly.  

Lineup depth sucks.  Reliant mostly on your top four.  Maybe five.  We've already seen Duffy and Mayfield at cleanup vs. lefties.  Sure, fine, they've had a couple hits, but those are not sustainable cleanup hitters.  And Adell and Marsh are going to struggle at times.  But like today, the fourth game of the season, our 4-9 was mayfield, adell, rojas, suzuki, fletcher and Wade.  That bottom three is a shit show if someone has a night off.  

And maybe it's also that the Astros consistently pull prospects out of their ass like we haven't really been able to do in years.  Like Pena, McCormick and Siri.  Those guys come up and somehow end up at least serviceable.  But they're conceding 2, maybe 3 spots in the lineup.  Today we conceded 6.  And if you're not convinced it's a concession based on these first four games, just wait till it actually plays out over the long season.  

Everyone's biggest concern was SP.  We got solid to really good performances in all four starts during this series and lost 3 of 4 to the team we're gonna be looking up at who seemed to be just a little bit better at everything.  

Biggest difference between Cheaters and Halos: developing international talent

Other than Ohtani (no minors time here) and maybe Suarez eventually, who has truly made it here?

Now contrast that to the Cheaters.   Altuve, Alvarez, Gurriel, Valdez, Javier, Urquidy, Siri, etc.

When will the Halos start seeing that? Can’t blame Clay Daniels anymore, he was let go a long time ago (12+ years back).

Edited by Angel Oracle