• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Yeah, I don't really see it either...it'd be sort of a desperation/they-really-like-Upton move on their part. And I think there's enough overlap between each team's surplus and needs that other parts could smooth out the awkwardness of Upton for Kim. Maybe the Upton money isn't a concern to the Angels at all since it's just one season and they eat nearly all of it to get a decent SS for the next couple of years in Kim. Maybe they try to work in Paddack or Weathers to give them another young arm with options.

Just trying to drive some convo more than anything. 

Money aside, Kim can't hit.

With the recent Padres news, dealing SP and such, and for no reason other than killing time till opening day, what do you guy think a deal for Paddock or Gore or both might look like?
im guessing it starts with Marsh, maybe Adell, based on their ask to Pitts.
Do you do that, how far do you go, any interest in one of the young C in a package since they have depth there as well?

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

With the recent Padres news, dealing SP and such, and for no reason other than killing time till opening day, what do you guy think a deal for Paddock or Gore or both might look like?
im guessing it starts with Marsh, maybe Adell, based on their ask to Pitts.
Do you do that, how far do you go, any interest in one of the young C in a package since they have depth there as well?

I wouldn’t trade Adell, Marsh, Detmers or Bachman for Paddack. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wouldn’t trade Adell, Marsh, Detmers or Bachman for Paddack. 

Agreed. He hasn't come close to replicating his 2019 success and he ended last season on the IL with a slight tear in his UCL that needed stem cell injection. We all know where that road leads to and we've seen enough Angels pitchers getting TJS over the years already. Hard pass

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Agreed. He hasn't come close to replicating his 2019 success and he ended last season on the IL with a slight tear in his UCL that needed stem cell injection. We all know where that road leads to and we've seen enough Angels pitchers getting TJS over the years already. Hard pass

Yup. I'd be be more willing to talk the Ward, Rengifo, Adams, Kochanowicz types (knowing none of them are likely even close to enough) than the top of our prospects. 

More of a change of scenery type. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yup. I'd be be more willing to talk the Ward, Rengifo, Adams, Kochanowicz types (knowing none of them are likely even close to enough) than the top of our prospects. 

More of a change of scenery type. 

Not saying this is personally you but people who say stuff like this can't complain when we don't improve much. 

39 minutes ago, mmc said:

Not saying this is personally you but people who say stuff like this can't complain when we don't improve much. 

None taken. I was called totdipoto a few posts back hahaha. I don't shy away talking about trading top prospects at all. 

All I meant by Ward, Rengifo, Adams, Kochanowicz is that my interest level in Paddack tilts way more towards that end of the spectrum than Adell, Marsh, Detmers, Bachman. I'd be open to discussing any of them in a deal for a proven arm. Paddack ain't it. I know full and well it'd take more than spare parts to get Paddack. 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

This would mean more if Paddock was the type of player that helps you “improve much”

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Wish we could've figured out how to turn Upton into Kimbrel

FWIW, a David Price for Justin Upton makes more sense now with Bellinger's awful spring and a thinner Dodger outfield. 

Edited by totdprods

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

FWIW, a David Price for Justin Upton makes more sense now with Bellinger's awful spring and a thinner Dodger outfield. 

Maybe I'm reading wrong but isn't Price due 16 million and Upton 28? We'd have to eat quite a bit I think