• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many teams do they need to expand the playoffs to for you to be confident in the Angels making it this season?

mmc

How many teams do they need to expand the playoffs to for you to be confident in the Angels making it this season?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many teams do they need to expand the playoffs to for you to be confident in the Angels making it this season?

• I'm already confident they will
    • More than 2/3rds of the league needs to make the playoffs for me to be confident that the Angels will

• mmc changed the title to How many teams do they need to expand the playoffs to for you to be confident in the Angels making it this season?

To be confident with this current roster? More than two-thirds of MLB.

I was confident they'd get in with 16 in 2020, and that didn't happen. I don't feel drastically more confident in this version of the team in 2022 than I did with the 2020 team entering the 2020 shortened season.

I can only confidently say this current roster is better than Baltimore, Detroit, Kansas City, and Texas (among AL teams).

On 2/20/2022 at 5:17 PM, Trendon said:

To be confident with this current roster? More than two-thirds of MLB.

I was confident they'd get in with 16 in 2020, and that didn't happen. I don't feel drastically more confident in this version of the team in 2022 than I did with the 2020 team entering the 2020 shortened season.

I can only confidently say this current roster is better than Baltimore, Detroit, Kansas City, and Texas (among AL teams).

Detroit might be a stretch. They have better starting pitching and have a strong system. It really depends on how many games are actually played. With a shortened season of around 120 games, the six man rotation would work against the Angels. Also, it depends on if Oakland decides to unload their starting pitching. 

I'm not sure playing in a one game wildcard should count as a playoff appearance. To me, playoffs involve winning a series. With that said,  I don't know how many eligible playoff teams it would require for the Angels to make it to the post season.  

I think it's neat how many posters here are trying out the FS79 starter kit and going full Eeyore on the playoff possibilities but I'm looking forward to finally seeing 130 or more games in which Trout, Rendon, Ohtani are all healthy and kicking some ass. This team could be a blast. And I swear the first one who comes on here and mentions that this won't happen I'm gonna blow my kid's college fund to hire someone to break all your typing fingers

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think it's neat how many posters here are trying out the FS79 starter kit and going full Eeyore on the playoff possibilities but I'm looking forward to finally seeing 130 or more games in which Trout, Rendon, Ohtani are all healthy and kicking some ass. This team could be a blast. And I swear the first one who comes on here and mentions that this won't happen I'm gonna blow my kid's college fund to hire someone to break all your typing fingers

They think they're being clever. 

They're not.

21 hours ago, arch stanton said:

That $37 dollars would be well spent. 

Remember back when in the good old days when the baseball post season was limited to the best teams - Division winners etc. and that some of us used to laugh at the NHL and the way they played all season and then half the league made the playoffs?

well, the NHL has cleaned up their act and fewer teams make the playoffs in terms of percentage of teams in the league vs. playoff spots.

Now MLB appears to be going the way of the past NHL practice.

Heck, by the time this lock out stuff is over - we might end up with a 30 team style March Madness season --  might actually generate more interest -- a two month March Madness format -- a lot of teams would go home after week one -- might have to incorporate a loser's bracket where teams could climb back into the elite eight or final four by running the table after their first series loss.....

crazy? sure - but not much nuttier than stuff they're actually discussing.  I think MLB implodes this year. When the NHL had their lock out / work stoppage issues they lost their national NBC contract and it took several years to get back on network TV again with a lot of lost revenue in the intervening years -- MLB take note -- that's where you're headed.