• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rich Waltz will not return in 2022

mmc

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Meh. Sutton must've truly done something (or just didn't fit) which led to his departure, and Waltz was basically just an interim guy to wrap the year, possibly auditioning for the future. 

Not much to this, IMO. 

It could very well be that Waltz wasn't happy with the amount of games he was going to cover since Matty V was picking up so many.  

I asked Victor Rojas yesterday on Twitter if he'd be up to covering the remainder than Matt V didn't. He joked back that he'd have to ask himself for permission, and that he missed all of us.

Doubt it could happen, but...and it Would be weird for him to hold a job with another organization, but honestly, give him the 38 Texas and Houston games, and let him broadcast from Texas. Let him do the Miami and Atlanta Series, 7 more, and that's 45 games. Matt V should be able to do 100, and if It meant Victor was back, I'd be okay with Jose Mota or Terry Smith or whoever, on Sundays for the other ones that Matt V couldn't do, cuz he's booked up for national broadcasts.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I get way more clicks and comments when I write about the TV announcers than when I write about the players. 

I read this as “I get way more CHICKS and comments…….”

My apologies Jeff, I didn’t have my glasses on.

Edited by PattyD22