• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Hamilton Even Care

SigBaby

Gaetti

Can you provide a link to a quote from Gaetti where he claims his Christian beliefs had a negative impact on his play or his efforts to perform? 

LT, he's a Christian so obviously he's a screwup who just writes off all of his mistakes. All Christians are that way, in case you haven't been following this thread.

Gaetti

Can you provide a link to a quote from Gaetti where he claims his Christian beliefs had a negative impact on his play or his efforts to perform? 

No sorry, I cannot.  Tim Naehring, is just a liar and decided to tell me of the conversation just to make him look bad years before the Angels signed Josh Hamilton.  

So, since it's not on public record you are free to consider it all a lie.  

I'm just full of shit and I'm cool with you thinking that.    I was also full of shit when I told M's fan friends of mine that Brett Boone was going to blow up because another mutual friend of mine had tipped me off to his having found the benefits of chemically enhancing his body PRIOR to the 2001 season.   I couldn't point to any articles then either -- So Shawn Ray was a liar too.

No sorry, I cannot.  Tim Naehring, is just a liar and decided to tell me of the conversation just to make him look bad years before the Angels signed Josh Hamilton.  

So, since it's not on public record you are free to consider it all a lie.  

I'm just full of shit and I'm cool with you thinking that.    I was also full of shit when I told M's fan friends of mine that Brett Boone was going to blow up because another mutual friend of mine had tipped me off to his having found the benefits of chemically enhancing his body PRIOR to the 2001 season.   I couldn't point to any articles then either -- So Shawn Ray was a liar too.

thanks for clearing that up, my friend

Getting married and having kids have been known to make the career less important too. Readjustment of priorities is often healthy. Though trying to guess his state of mind from our distant skewed perspective seems hopeful at best and ludicrous at worst. 

Wheter you buy into BABIP or not, Josh is currently 78 points below his career average BABIP for 2013. Combine this with his troubles on off-speed stuff (did you notice that he was thrown several change ups the other night and whiffed on quite a few of them).and you have the product you currently see on the field.

I think we have a chance to see a closer version of the 2012 Hamilton one of these days if he can make some hitting adjustments to sliders, two-seam, and change ups.

I buy more into that than I do PEDs and talk of his not caring.

You may want to fact-check your opinions before making statements like this one.   Gary Gaetti, left the Halos in 1993 at age 34 and proceeded to win a Silver Slugger award and was in the MVP voting in 1995 - he posted above league average seasons in 1996 and again in 1998 at age 39 when he posted the third best OPS+ of his career..  

More importantly, it doesn't really matter what YOU think, Gary Gaetti himself feels that it impacted his play.

So he didn't suck after he was a Christian, good to know.

Oh, and the capital letter crap is silly. 

So he didn't suck after he was a Christian, good to know.

Oh, and the capital letter crap is silly. 

He fell off the wagon, Champ....   Keep trying.  

BTW, you do realize I don't think Gaetti's situation has any real bearing on Hamilton's right?   Just brought him up because in his case, he felt it took over his life, and it was in response to someone who was talking about how Christianity had impacted people at times. 

He fell off the wagon, Champ....   Keep trying.  

BTW, you do realize I don't think Gaetti's situation has any real bearing on Hamilton's right?   Just brought him up because in his case, he felt it took over his life..

So you brought it up for nothing.  Great.   "YOU"  "Champ"  "Keep trying".

Welcome back to junior high

I'm not sure why InsidePitch is getting hammered in this thread. Oh and Chuck if you think this thread has turned into a clusterf*ck, you need to read this forum a lot more. This is civil compared to most of the threads these days, especially after a loss.

I am not religious by any means, but some of these posts are disgusting and full of bigotry. I believe in tolerance and respecting others beliefs and understanding that not one persons faith is the same as the next. Making sweeping statements about people who follow religion like you know anything about "faith" when you don't have one of your own is completely asinine. The undertones of hate in these comments really speak volumes about peoples ulterior motives (to spread hate and intolerance on religion) and their lack of understanding people that are different than them. Hard to believe some people have no consideration that maybe, juuust maybe, not every religious person can be lumped together in a group.

Nope. And it most likely has to do with his religion (no offense). He already had a huge ego before he found Christ, and now with his finding of Christ he probably isn't even sweating his troubles. 

For example, the stereotyping and intolerance in this post is off the charts. I wonder how this person would respond if we made the same statements about a certain race or homosexuals? Would probably blow up. And if that's not hypocritical, I don't know what is. 

He never holds himself accountable for anything.  Lots of born agains do that and lay it all on their deity. 

Just like lots of (insert any race here) don't tip well, right? Your post displays a lack of intelligence and practicality.

alot of religious people believe that god has a ''plan'' for them, regardless of how bad of a situation they're in. It's that kind of naivety that leaves me to believe that right now, Hamilton thinks this his troubles are all in Gods hands. It's really egotistical if you think about it. Why would god be worried about a guy who makes 125 million dollars when there's people dying of starvation?

Whats really egotistical and naive is that you think you know so much about how God works. Not to mention how you seem to think you know so much about people with religious beliefs when you obviously don't have any of your own.

I know several people who think this way. Many people I have known who become very religious and have "found God" face become much more content with whatever life has dealt them. It is a good thing in terms of attitude, but I have seen it suck the life and drive out of many talented people. They go from working their a** off to make it in their field to being fine with a dead end job because it's all part of the plan.

I'm sorry but I just have to point this out. I love how some of you "know some religious people" and all of a sudden are okay with making intolerant sweeping accusations. Assuming ANY of them think however you think they do in your mind is ridiculous.

If Hamilton truely doesn't care its because he's a dipsh*t. Correlating it with believing in God, thinking its okay to lump people together like everyone has in the posts above, really speaks volumes about the contempt and cluelessness of some of the people on here that think this kind of thing is acceptable.