• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your greatest concern with the 2022 team going into the lockout

mmc

What part of next year's team are you most concerned about?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What part of next year's team are you most concerned about?

• Starting pitching
    • Relief pitching
    • Middle infield
    • Outfield
    • Depth
    • Defense
    • Other

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Kick the tires on Kikuchi but honestly I think they're done with the rotation. 

Yeah, they very well could be.  I think it largely depends on how they view Barria, too.

As it stands, the rotation is:  Ohtani, Syndergaard, Sandoval, Suarez, Lorenzen, Barria.

Ohtani, Syndergaard, Suarez, and Lorenzen are basically rotation "locks" given either talent (Ohtani, Syndergaard), lack of options (Suarez), or what they said at the presser (Lorenzen).

I don't list Sandoval as a lock because he has an option, but he's probably close to a lock given how he performed.

Barria is the question.  We have 6 spots and Barria doesn't have options.  Are they comfortable with him being the 6th starter, or would they rather just shift him to the bullpen and have another option to start?  I think most of us would prefer the latter, but I'm guessing management will probably choose the former.

18 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the team is incomplete.  

they need a SS

they probably need another starter

they could use another pen arm, a backup C and MIF depth on top of a SS.  

This is in my view dead on.
Although i might suggest we may have enough depth on MiF with the recent acquisitions.  Otherwise spot on. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I like our depth at middle infield with Wade and Rengifo, as long as we get someone that should start ahead of them.  

I understand that we'd all like to believe in Rengifo, but the dude hasn't shown that he's a competent major league player yet. Not sure why we'd want him on our bench at this point. Maybe he turns the corner in his age 25 season, but I wouldn't say that I "like" our depth if he's part of that depth.