• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Robbie Ray atop the Angels wishlist (signs with Seattle lmao)

mmc

If Mini-Me hadn't picked up Lorenzo Llamas for the rotation I'd be more inclined to think they are paying for another arm. Otherwise they have too many pitchers, not enough roles and that scares me to think of a trade for a shortstop which is going to cost an unknown amount of future value. 

Syndergaard and Lorenzo are one year deals. The Angels trade pitching and one of Adell or Marsh and 2023 they need two pitchers and an outfielder. It doesn't feel like moving forward, it's just the same set of problems each off season. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If Mini-Me hadn't picked up Lorenzo Llamas for the rotation I'd be more inclined to think they are paying for another arm. Otherwise they have too many pitchers, not enough roles and that scares me to think of a trade for a shortstop which is going to cost an unknown amount of future value. 

Syndergaard and Lorenzo are one year deals. The Angels trade pitching and one of Adell or Marsh and 2023 they need two pitchers and an outfielder. It doesn't feel like moving forward, it's just the same set of problems each off season. 

The Angel Way

I have more optimism than some of you about the rest of the off-season, and I don't think the Angels are done.

However, if they are done with the rotation, it's extremely obvious that Arte is telling his GMs they can only do one-year deals for pitchers. It's the only explanation since it's been a five-year trend with two different GMS.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I have more optimism than some of you about the rest of the off-season, and I don't think the Angels are done.

However, if they are done with the rotation, it's extremely obvious that Arte is telling his GMs they can only do one-year deals for pitchers. It's the only explanation since it's been a five-year trend with two different GMS.

Didn't they offer a huge deal to Cole? 

Without ZERO inside source it just feels like Angels have prioritized Stroman and Ray over Scherzer and will sign one of them to a 5 / 130 ish deal

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Didn't they offer a huge deal to Cole? 

Without ZERO inside source it just feels like Angels have prioritized Stroman and Ray over Scherzer and will sign one of them to a 5 / 130 ish deal

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

And Corbin. And Wheeler. They've tried, just haven't matched. 

Good points. It's just odd that they've only successfully done 1-year deals for pitchers since 2012.

44 minutes ago, totdprods said:

And Corbin. And Wheeler. They've tried, just haven't matched. 

At some point, Arte Moreno has to suck it up and go above what other teams are offering to pitchers.

It’s more then just a few pitchers he’s been outbid on.

Just once is all we’re asking.   Then let the pitching development take over.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

At some point, Arte Moreno has to suck it up and go above what other teams are offering to pitchers.

It’s more then just a few pitchers he’s been outbid on.

Just once is all we’re asking.   Then let the pitching development take over.

He’s probably about to grossly overpay for Ray.

Gausman got 5/110 so anything much more than that would be an overpay

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Of course they are not done. They have an incomplete pen, their back up for catcher hasn't caught an MLB game and Rengifo is suspect at best as a full time Shortstop. 

But what they are probably done with is the rotation. 

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Of course they are not done. They have an incomplete pen, their back up for catcher hasn't caught an MLB game and Rengifo is suspect at best as a full time Shortstop. 

But what they are probably done with is the rotation. 

I don't think they're done with the rotation. They may put Suarez in the pen. 

I am surprised by the Lorenzen signing, at that dollar figure and with a rotation spot. I did want him, but not at that dollar figure, I thought he'd come for Cishek style money, or at most $3M.

He also may end up in the pen. It will be the best 6 starters after Spring.

Ray or Stroman or Castillo or Sonny Gray or Tyler Mahle is coming.

The Reds could be getting a starter back like Suarez, Canning, Detmers or Barria maybe even two...

24 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I don't think they're done with the rotation. They may put Suarez in the pen. 

I am surprised by the Lorenzen signing, at that dollar figure and with a rotation spot. I did want him, but not at that dollar figure, I thought he'd come for Cishek style money, or at most $3M.

He also may end up in the pen. It will be the best 6 starters after Spring.

Ray or Stroman or Castillo or Sonny Gray or Tyler Mahle is coming.

The Reds could be getting a starter back like Suarez, Canning, Detmers or Barria maybe even two...

Probably two.

Just now, Mark68 said:

Probably two.

I think Canning, Adell, Jackson, Bachman gets it done.

Baseball Trade Values has Adell and Canning Dropping in Value significantly after 2021, but I don't buy that.

Marsh may have a bit of an upside over Adell, but it's not 35 points of value as the BTV site says. I also don't believe Canning has dropped so far.

• mmc changed the title to Rosenthal: Robbie Ray atop the Angels wishlist (signs with Seattle lmao)