• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Re-Signing Raisel Iglesias the Smart Move?

BTH

Is Re-Signing Raisel Iglesias the Smart Move?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is Re-Signing Raisel Iglesias the Smart Move?

• Yes
    • No

22 hours ago, Stradling said:

I doubt we had a “sucky” bullpen 10 of the last 13 years. You stated it as fact so you do the research. 

This quote of yours proves you knew of my correction.  That I meant to say 10 of 12 years and not 20 of 22.

I made the corrections and you knew about it 22 hours ago.

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok I got bored after looking at 2003, 2004 and 2005, all were better than league average bullpens.  

Just 6 hours later you pretend to ignore the fact that I meant 10 of 12 years.  Fact news just pretend to win an argument on an internet chat?  That is really sad.

29 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Just 6 hours later you pretend to ignore the fact that I meant 10 of 12 years.  Fact news just pretend to win an argument on an internet chat?  That is really sad.

yea, I need to win an argument from you, ok.  Bottom line is you said 20 of 22.  I took exception to that, because that is what you typed.  The bullpen has been bad since 2018, before that it was almost always league average or better.  2017 3.3 k's for every walk, and a sub .700 OPS against, respectable whip.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

yea, I need to win an argument from you, ok.  Bottom line is you said 20 of 22.  I took exception to that, because that is what you typed.  The bullpen has been bad since 2018, before that it was almost always league average or better.  2017 3.3 k's for every walk, and a sub .700 OPS against, respectable whip.

Bullshit.  You saw my correction.  You even commented on my correction.   

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Do you think a player like Iglesias sees a QO as a good faith gesture?

I guess both sides could be looked at.

On the one hand, a QO means the team is definitely interested in keeping him.

On the other hand, it could also be a turn off as he could interpret it as they don’t want to sign him to a multi-year deal.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I guess both sides could be looked at.

On the one hand, a QO means the team is definitely interested in keeping him.

On the other hand, it could also be a turn off as he could interpret it as they don’t want to sign him to a multi-year deal.

It drives down competing interest. Other teams want to pay less when a QO is involved and limits suitors.

Edited by totdprods

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Do you think a player like Iglesias sees a QO as a good faith gesture?

Unless they are actively engaged in contract talks with him right now and think they have an extremely good chance of signing him, it would still be absolute insanity for them not to make a qualifying offer to him, regardless of what kind of gesture he feels that would be.  We've been over this 100 times on here.  They obviously didn't trade him at the deadline (for reasons that still aren't really clear).  If they don't re-sign him and they don't extend a QO, then they get nothing for him and they kept him at the deadline even though they had no realistic shot at making the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Per Rhett Bollinger (MLB.com), QO is likely to be made to Iglesias.

Deadline will be at the latest November 7 or 8, depending on when the WS ends.

If it happens, first time ever that Arte Moreno offered one?

This would be a huge joke on Arte. 
You've got one of the best closers in the league who has pitched his way to prove to you that he's earned an extension but you're going to give him a QO and cash in on him with a draft pick if he goes elsewhere?

Yikes...

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

You've got one of the best closers in the league who has pitched his way to prove to you that he's earned an extension but you're going to give him a QO and cash in on him with a draft pick if he goes elsewhere?

Yikes...

Haha. Ok Buddy. 

36 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yikes...

QO does not prohibit their ability to negotiate a longer term contract.