• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you concerned about anti-white discrimination in America?

Anti-White Discrimination  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you concerned about anti-white discrimination in America?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, does that mean systemic racism exists?

• Yes
    • No
    • I voted "no" to the first question.

58 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well 90% of the time Cals is trying to get a laugh.  Not-Cals is 100% serious.  I can’t imagine any real white male playing the victim to some nonsense of racism against us. 

I appreciate your honesty. I do think most people here assume I’m never joking. I joke more than people think. Since I’m conservative, you lightweights too often think I’m serious. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

this is a whole lot of horseshit.  

Ha. Well I at least agree with his last sentence. Diversity hires and what not. Working within an artificially limited talent pool is always worse for everyone. Not sure just how prevalent it is, but it is out there and seemingly been growing the last few years.

17 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I appreciate your honesty. I do think most people here assume I’m never joking. I joke more than people think. Since I’m conservative, you lightweights too often think I’m serious. 

I am not a lightweight and I consider myself "conservative" moreso fiscally.  I have never voted democrat.  

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Ha. Well I at least agree with his last sentence. Diversity hires and what not. Working within an artificially limited talent pool is always worse for everyone. Not sure just how prevalent it is, but it is out there and seemingly been growing the last few years.

"My biggest concern is pushing white males out  means removing the majority of successful people aside." I read this statement from him as saying whites are superior.  That is really what I took exception to.  

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I like how people assume "diversity hiring" means choosing someone less qualified for the position. It's actually kind of racist to assume that just because candidate Y is Black, they got hired because of their skin color and not their qualifications.

I understand the qualms with affirmative action, but when you consider how many people get into colleges due to their "legacy" status (i.e., their parents or grandparents are alumni), and the vast majority of those legacy applicants are white, there has to be a system in place to provide avenues for qualified candidates who would otherwise be overlooked. 

In a previous organization where I worked, a Black female employee really lobbied for her white hiring manager to look beyond the typical slew of candidates who were applying for a position. The hiring manager ended up hiring a Black guy who was absolutely the right person for the job, and he's now a senior leader in the organization. If that guy weren't qualified, he wouldn't have been hired. But if the hiring manager hadn't taken the extra step of recruiting someone who wasn't initially drawn to the position, the organization would have lost out. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

"My biggest concern is pushing white males out  means removing the majority of successful people aside." I read this statement from him as saying whites are superior.  That is really what I took exception to.  

I know that statement isn’t pc but it’s fact. Now yes whites have been a majority in America but you can’t deny their success across multiple venues. If people have a problem with white men in charge they should legitimately defeat them with talent. Asians have done a pretty good job at that with academics. Their inability to think outside the box limits them at times but you seldom hear Asians complaining about test bias. University admissions and HR departments need to completely erase race from the process and select the most qualified individuals period. All this diversity bs is nothing more than another means to divide people. If the diversity crowd wants to eliminate racism they need to quit defining everyone by race. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

I know that statement isn’t pc but it’s fact. Now yes whites have been a majority in America but you can’t deny their success across multiple venues. If people have a problem with white men in charge they should legitimately defeat them with talent. Asians have done a pretty good job at that with academics. Their inability to think outside the box limits them at times but you seldom hear Asians complaining about test bias. University admissions and HR departments need to completely erase race from the process and select the most qualified individuals period. All this diversity bs is nothing more than another means to divide people. If the diversity crowd wants to eliminate racism they need to quit defining everyone by race. 

You realize how hypocritical this is right?  

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I like how people assume "diversity hiring" means choosing someone less qualified for the position. It's actually kind of racist to assume that just because candidate Y is Black, they got hired because of their skin color and not their qualifications.

I’ve never heard an hr re say we need to hire more white males. I have heard the opposite in support of hiring women and minorities 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

White men are more successful and generally win on an even playing field. 

and do you think part of the reason they are more successful has to do with unconscious bias in the workplace?  At the very least it has to do with the selection in the first place.   

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

and do you think part of the reason they are more successful has to do with unconscious bias in the workplace?  At the very least it has to do with the selection in the first place.   

Bias can be eliminated through double blind selection processes that eliminate race and dialect from the process. We have the technology and the means to do this in our hr departments. Instead we move to quotas based on demographics. Todays movement is about revenge and restitution. It has nothing to do with seeking equality 

Just now, Kotchman said:

Bias can be eliminated through double blind selection processes that eliminate race and dialect from the process. We have the technology and the means to do this in our hr departments. Instead we move to quotas based on demographics. Todays movement is about revenge and restitution. It has nothing to do with seeking equality 

Well the fact that they haven't used that technology is also an example of them not wanting equality.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m a college drop out from a family of Broyhill furniture employees. I entered the military as the lowest level private and left as a senior chief warrant officer. My Field was probably the blackest in the Army. At no point did I have a senior white man pulling strings for me. Most of the time I worked for blacks who resented my work ethic and talent. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well the fact that they haven't used that technology is also an example of them not wanting equality.  

Who is they? Now the military is bringing this into their leader selection process. I don’t see it sticking because a double blind process isn’t going to produce a diverse outcome. It’s going to produce a white Male dominated outcome that will be unacceptable to our politicians.