• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Trumbo becoming a clubhouse leader?

gotbeer

Anyone else notice that Trumbo has been quoted quite a bit lately on articles, in the Times at least?  This last article about the long haul, and the one after the closed door meeting, it seemed that Trumbo was the only player quoted.  

Granted, it's not going to happen overnight.  But so far, I'm liking what I see from Trumbo, on and off the field.  

I agree and if you think back he's always had that kind of leadership ability.  I recall him making comments re: Texas the other year when he was much more unproven.  

That is what I hate most about the Pujols and Hamilton signings.  Neither of them seem to have taken charge of this team from a leadership perspective, and it just seems like the clubhouse has a void in that regard.

I suspect we'll see Trout be that guy at some point, where he sheds the aw-shucks attitude and starts to challenge his fellow players, but for now yeah it would be nice to see Trumbo be that guy.

I'm sure he has become a leader. 

At the very least, he has led by example. He came up as a 25 year old who had huge concerns regarding his walk ability and strikeout rate and he has improved both every single year. If other guys had his type of work ethic and improvement, this team might be in a better position. Josh should start following Mark around and figure out what he's doing right. 

I noticed Trumbo last season said a lot of things you expect from a leader.  He certainly seems to have the players attention in the dugout.  He also seems like a very hard worker.  He has definitely become one of my favorite Angels.  Home grown and from the OC.  Can't beat that.