• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants claim Jose Quintana off waivers, Angels recall Kean Wong

mmc

Kinda wonder if we'll see the Angels claim some guys too, maybe sign recently released Chase Anderson. 

Probably no better than Quintana or Bundy but sometimes a fresh look. I'm a little leery rushing/adding too many youngsters, though I do kinda wanna see Yan, Pina, or Ortega perhaps get a little shot.

Edited by totdprods

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Bundy, K. Suzuki & J. Iglesias next.

Let's say the Angels do that and call up some prospects... what if those prospects struggle a lot.  Then what?  Where do you turn next? I think it's unrealistic to think the Angles would/could drop a bunch of players.

7 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Let's say the Angels do that and call up some prospects... what if those prospects struggle a lot.  Then what?  Where do you turn next? I think it's unrealistic to think the Angles would/could drop a bunch of players.

The Angels are not making the playoffs and all of those guys mentioned are on expiring contracts at the conclusion of this season. 

It's best served at this juncture to see what we got in terms of depth heading into 2022. 

In terms of Michael Stefanic, I'd love to see if he's good enough to take on a starting role so that we can focus all of our money on pitching this offseason, not for a high prized FA SS that's going to cost a ton.

11 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think dropping too many guys with expiring contracts is a bad precedent to set.... you eliminate any depth you have - if the young guys fail.

Well, yes, but from a pure business perspective this is such a huge win for the Angels.  They're no longer responsible for a pro-rated portion of the contract.  29/162 games = 17.9% = $1.43 million in savings.  Notwithstanding that the owner is a billionaire, that's not nothing in a baseball business' bottom line.

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think dropping too many guys with expiring contracts is a bad precedent to set.... you eliminate any depth you have - if the young guys fail.

Quintana is of zero value to the is team right now....A month left in the season, why not let the Giants pay his salary?  AAA season is over next week, I think....in this lost season, any AAA guy helps you as much as Quintana, and is a whole lot cheaper.....at this point, losing a few more games just helps your draft status for next year....not advocating tanking but winning in the last month is less important than letting the young guys play, that's all that matters.

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Quintana is of zero value to the is team right now....A month left in the season, why not let the Giants pay his salary?  AAA season is over next week, I think....in this lost season, any AAA guy helps you as much as Quintana, and is a whole lot cheaper.....at this point, losing a few more games just helps your draft status for next year....not advocating tanking but who really cares how many of the last 30 we win?  Let the young guys play, that's all that matters.

Salt Lake's season ends October 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

Well, yes, but from a pure business perspective this is such a huge win for the Angels.  They're no longer responsible for a pro-rated portion of the contract.  29/162 games = 17.9% = $1.43 million in savings.  Notwithstanding that the owner is a billionaire, that's not nothing in a baseball business' bottom line.

Cool. Great!

43 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Who gives a shit? The Angels have been outscored by about 70 runs this year even with these guys.  They're 10.5 games out of the second wild card.  Do you really care if they end up 20 games out instead of 9? Just let young guys get some time and see what you have going into next season.