• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dead Celebrities That Don't Warrant Their Own Thread

St1ck

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I duno.. i think the worst is like, when you are out in public and everyone instantly knows you have cancer.

I've always liked the way the dude from Black Panther handled it. It's his shit and who gives a fuck about others feelings or opinions. He has my highest respect and handled it like a G. Go out on your own terms.

• 4 weeks later...

Elizabeth Hubbard, Soap Star on ‘As the World Turns’ and ‘The Doctors,’ Dies at 89

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/elizabeth-hubbard-dead-as-the-world-turns-doctors-1235370225/

image.thumb.jpeg.e15fa17d6b019b3293a3dd91236ae9b4.jpeg

Elizabeth Hubbard, who appeared 14 times on Broadway and had long runs as Dr. Althea Davis and the cutthroat Lucinda Walsh on the daytime soap operas The Doctors and As the World Turns, respectively, has died. She was 89.

Hubbard died Saturday of cancer at her home in Roxbury, Connecticut, her son, Jeremy Bennett, told The Hollywood Reporter. 

On the big screen, Hubbard played the gynecologist girlfriend of Gene Hackman’s character in I Never Sang for My Father (1970) and appeared in The Bell Jar (1979), Ordinary People(1980), Cold River (1982) and Center Stage (2000)….

image.thumb.png.855dde6ec52f4432f32c7609471a9142.png

Al Jaffee, famed Mad magazine cartoonist, dies at age 102 - CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/al-jaffee-dies-age-102-mad-magazine-cartoonist-fold-in/

Al Jaffee, Mad magazine's award-winning cartoonist and ageless wise guy who delighted millions of kids with the sneaky fun of the Fold-In and the snark of "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions," has died. He was 102.

3 hours ago, St1ck said:

Al Jaffee, famed Mad magazine cartoonist, dies at age 102 - CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/al-jaffee-dies-age-102-mad-magazine-cartoonist-fold-in/

Al Jaffee, Mad magazine's award-winning cartoonist and ageless wise guy who delighted millions of kids with the sneaky fun of the Fold-In and the snark of "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions," has died. He was 102.

Harry Belafonte, activist and entertainer with a ‘rebel heart,’ dies at 96

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/25/entertainment/harry-belafonte-death/index.html

Harry Belafonte, the dashing singer, actor and activist who became an indispensable supporter of the civil rights movement, has died, his publicist Ken Sunshine told CNN.

He was 96.

Belafonte died Tuesday morning of congestive heart failure, Sunshine said.

Belafonte was dubbed the “King of Calypso” after the groundbreaking success of his 1956 hit, “The Banana Boat Song (Day-O).” He also became a movie star after acting in the film adaption of the Broadway musical, “Carmen Jones.” 

But Belafonte biggest contributions took place offstage. He was a key strategist, fundraiser and mediator for the civil rights movement. He continually risked his entertainment career – and at least once his life – for his activism. He became a close friend of the Rev. Martin 

Luther King Jr., who often retired to Belafonte’s palatial New York apartment to talk strategy or escape the pressures of leading the civil rights movement. 

A voracious reader with a burning disdain for injustice, Belafonte’s political consciousness was shaped by the experience of growing up as the impoverished son of a poor Jamaican mother who worked as a domestic servant...

On 4/30/2023 at 4:26 PM, Slegnaac said:

When I think of Jerry Springer, I think of Wally George.  Wally was a forerunner to Jerry.

Random thing I just discovered that provides a link of sorts between Wally George and the Angels: Wally George was Rebecca de Mornay's father--and de Mornay had two children with Patrick O'Neal.

Very important info, I know...

On 5/2/2023 at 6:46 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Random thing I just discovered that provides a link of sorts between Wally George and the Angels: Wally George was Rebecca de Mornay's father--and de Mornay had two children with Patrick O'Neal.

Very important info, I know...

I had no idea that Patrick O'Neal was the son of Ryan O'Neal or that Patrick was that old.