• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

With apologies to Nother . . .

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

do you know anyone who's ever been shot? and because this is aw, i mean shot with a bullet fired from a gun. what happened, why were they shot, did they recover?

I mentioned it the political forum that I grew up with someone that was shot and killed in gang related violence he had nothing to do with. 

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

I mentioned it the political forum that I grew up with someone that was shot and killed in gang related violence he had nothing to do with. 

That sucks! If gang members just eliminated each other nobody would care but they like to get bystanders involved.  

My uncle was shot 6 times by his crazy muslim tenant. He survived, but died a few years later (3 years ago) from complications due to an infection. He was like 43 yrs old.

I only mention the guy’s religion because he claimed fasting for Ramadan made him agitated.

Edited by failos

Some dumbasses I worked with in the Air Force went out to the desert to goof around and one ended up shooting his buddy in the abdomen from close range. He ended up spending 2 months in the hospital but he survived ok.

This might not count but in the days before paintball and laser tag we used to have pellet gun wars. I took one in the back that lodged under the skin and had to be removed in the ER. I have a small scar and one less friend from junior high

4 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Tank, you have good memory.  Anyhow I looked up my friend's name and learned that the person who shot him finally was caught and got 81 to life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2007/05/11/man-gets-up-to-life-term-in-valley-slaying/amp/

Rodriguez, who wore a flat-top fade, a thick mustache and soul patch beneath his chin

I wonder what baseball team he was a fan of?

8 hours ago, Tank said:

do you know anyone who's ever been shot? and because this is aw, i mean shot with a bullet fired from a gun. what happened, why were they shot, did they recover?

Yes, several

I took one when I was younger. Wrong place, wrong time. Was lucky that i was just grazed.

Had multiple friends / guys I knew shot growing up. Back when SoCal was gang central. Went to 5 funerals my senior year.

Grew up w a white guy who was a total square. Got into drugs after high school. Stabbed his GF and roommate, was killed by the cops. Another white guy / square I knew stole a party decoration as a prank, and was shot and killed over it.

Handful of guys I served with. One partner at work took 5-6 hits, survived.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yes, several

I took one when I was younger. Wrong place, wrong time. Was lucky that i was just grazed.

Had multiple friends / guys I knew shot growing up. Back when SoCal was gang central. Went to 5 funerals my senior year.

Grew up w a white guy who was a total square. Got into drugs after high school. Stabbed his GF and roommate, was killed by the cops. Another white guy / square I knew stole a party decoration as a prank, and was shot and killed over it.

Handful of guys I served with. One partner at work took 5-6 hits, survived.

Maybe a good idea to not hang with you too much 

One of my coworker’s husband is a deputy and was conducting a traffic stop when someone shot him from some apartments adjacent to the highway. The bullet found a 2 inch spot that his ballistic vest didn’t cover. Thankfully it was just a full metal jacket round so it went in and out and missed anything vital. I think it just missed his kidney. He healed up fine 

A classmate/church friend from jr high shot some dude in the stomach not too long ago. I always thought he was a decent dude and not the kind of person who would shoot someone—but he/his family were kinda racist towards me. One day, I saw his Facebook and he was covered in Nazi tattoos. Then found out he’d been locked up.

His dad was my PE coach/ Basketball coach at this small Christian school/church in Corona.

https://patch.com/california/redlands/man-turns-self-in-at-hospital-following-shooting-in-loma-linda

I think he’s eligible for parole soon.

Edited by failos

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So per the story, did your friend in fact know him from school?

My good friend who was there told me the story was exactly like that, he asked the shooter if he knew him from HS, he said no and nothing bad happened.

The victim was a non gangster smiley Korean guy so nobody has any idea why what happened next did.

That strip joint was bad news though.  Some time later some guy dragged a stripper outside, poured gas all over her and lit her alive in the parking lot.

7 hours ago, notherhalo said:

My good friend who was there told me the story was exactly like that, he asked the shooter if he knew him from HS, he said no and nothing bad happened.

The victim was a non gangster smiley Korean guy so nobody has any idea why what happened next did.

That strip joint was bad news though.  Some time later some guy dragged a stripper outside, poured gas all over her and lit her alive in the parking lot.

Jeez. 

Not that Im against strip clubs (I think ive tried to marry like 11 strippers the first night I met them), but theyre all bad news. 

The older Ive gotten the more uneasy I get in any shitbird spot. Bad things can happen anywhere, but when youre in a spot packed with turds, your odds jump up in a huge way.

Sorry about your friend. Glad the bad guy was caught. Usually in gang cases thats a rarity. 

A friend of a friend we hung out with a few times was walking home one night and ended up getting shot and killed about a mile from our place.  The general area isn't bad at all but there's a few blocks that I would avoid late at night while the guy who got shot lived near there and probably thought nothing of it. They never arrested anyone for it and the belief was that he was mistaken for someone else.  Didn't know the guy real well but he seemed like a nice down to earth guy the few times we all hung out and it was unexpected when our friend told us he randomly got shot.

Grew up in a gang infested area in the early 90's when that shit was the norm. Quite a few people I know got shot, but ironically no one died. You would just hear about it at school.

I've mentioned living with my childhood friend and their Mexican family for awhile. One of the cousins was a serious gang banger with the Mexican Mafia or some serious ties. He has been shot and done the shooting. He's doing life.

I've told the story here when it happened, but a buddy of mine was one of the ones shot at that Vegas terrorist attack. He took some time off, but came back to the office and showed us his leg where he was shot and told the wild story of being in the moment.....one of those things you'll never forget.

Indirectly knew someone shot and killed in the San Bernardino terrorist attack. Weird tie in, the dude that carried out the terrorist attack was a health inspector for the county and was the inspector for my girlfriends best friends Starbucks in Ontario she managed. He was into her store only a few days prior.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Grew up in a gang infested area in the early 90's when that shit was the norm. Quite a few people I know got shot, but ironically no one died. You would just hear about it at school.

I've mentioned living with my childhood friend and their Mexican family for awhile. One of the cousins was a serious gang banger with the Mexican Mafia or some serious ties. He has been shot and done the shooting. He's doing life.

I've told the story here when it happened, but a buddy of mine was one of the ones shot at that Vegas terrorist attack. He took some time off, but came back to the office and showed us his leg where he was shot and told the wild story of being in the moment.....one of those things you'll never forget.

Indirectly knew someone shot and killed in the San Bernardino terrorist attack. Weird tie in, the dude that carried out the terrorist attack was a health inspector for the county and was the inspector for my girlfriends best friends Starbucks in Ontario she managed. He was into her store only a few days prior.

I can't believe I forgot that a friend of mine was also shot in Vegas at the Route 91. She was shot in the upper back and it went under her spine and out the other side. She walked out of the hospital 3 hours later. Kind of seems like a miracle to me. I think she was hit with a .223 round and it would have lost a lot of velocity and energy from that distance. My wife's best friend was in the room during the San Bernardino shooting. out of the 7 people at her table, she was the only one that survived. She has suffered a great deal mentally from it. It's quite sad. 

Edited by Jason

Unfortunately I feel like too many people in SoCal either know someone who was shot in the Vegas attack or know someone who knows someone.  My buddy had co-workers with friends out there and a few of them got hit.  I don't believe any died but two took ricochets one to the leg and one to the head.  When I last asked the one who got hit in the head was in bad shape.

Brandon - not sure if you were living in Corona in the 90's but I had a buddy who grew up not far from the Green River mobile home park who had some interesting stories.  He fell in with a lot of guys who ended up dead or in prison.  Considering some of the stories he told me it's a trip to see him now as a married father with no record. The fact that they moved away during his last few years of high school probably saved his life or kept him out of prison.