• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm guessing there is someone here that agrees with her

I think she doesn't understand the contract is between her and her ex, not his new wife. Even in California with assets considered joint in a marriage, the ex's new spouse income is not considered an asset that can be used for increasing child support. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

How much do you think actually goes towards supporting the child?

It's income. 

That’s an incredibly cynical thing to say. I’ve taught an awful lot of kids from divorced homes that benefitted a lot from child support money. 

Maybe your experience is different, and that would be unfortunate, but this system has helped a lot of kids that needed it.

I'm sure it has benefited plenty of kids. But there are so many horror stories out there that it kind of balances out a bit.

It might be cynical, but it's not pulled out of thin air. 2 brothers and several friends can attest to that.

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm sure it has benefited plenty of kids. But there are so many horror stories out there that it kind of balances out a bit.

It might be cynical, but it's not pulled out of thin air. 2 brothers and several friends can attest to that.

I know of a current example (close family) where child support is necessary and justified. 

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Maybe I should rephrase.

"Child support" is fine, but it's massively abused and the system is extremely biased towards the mother.

biased towards the mom? how so? i mean if she has the kids it's kind of necessary.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I have no problem with child support. Never got it as my father was a piece of shit, but they did hit him with a wage garnishment when I was older and my mom just gave us the small amount. ~$800 total for 18 years.

same here. my dad didn't pay very often, mostly because he was so often unemployed. my mom had a good-paying job that was able to keep us okay, but she paid a big price by going over 7 years without a day off - not vacation time, just a regular day off. when my brother and i got to high school, we had to work summers as well as during the school year. we managed.

we didn't always have what we wanted, but we always had what we needed.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

same here. my dad didn't pay very often, mostly because he was so often unemployed. my mom had a good-paying job that was able to keep us okay, but she paid a big price by going over 7 years without a day off - not vacation time, just a regular day off. when my brother and i got to high school, we had to work summers as well as during the school year. we managed.

we didn't always have what we wanted, but we always had what we needed.

Your ted talk needs more twists and turns

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Maybe I should rephrase.

"Child support" is fine, but it's massively abused and the system is extremely biased towards the mother.

Do you have any evidence of this, or is it purely anecdotal? Dads who have been screwed over by the system are the most likely to speak up, so I wonder if they're the vocal minority.

I'm not saying I have evidence that it ISN'T like that. I just know that there needs to be a system in place in which abusive and/or adulterous spouses are legally obligated to support their children, even if those children live with the other parent most of the time.