• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

White House finally puts number on Americans left behind in Afghanistan

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday that he believes less than 1,000 American citizens are still in Afghanistan and attempting to leave.

Blinken said that there were 6,000 Americans who wanted to leave Afghanistan on August 14 and 4,500 of them have been evacuated within the last 10 days. He added that 500 of the remaining number have been instructed on how to leave within the last 24 hours. That leaves roughly 1,000 Americans left in the country, but Blinken said the actual number is lower for a variety of reasons, including situations where Americans want to stay or have already left and not notified the government. 

According to Blinken, 82,300 people have been flown out of Kabul since August 14.

Not necessarily an automatic that an Afghan would be a Democratic vote.  Extremely conservative culture as we all know. 

like I said before.  I don’t really understand the knee jerk impulse some liberals are espousing about setting up a mass immigration program for Afghans.  I don’t oppose Afghans coming here but I don’t understand what we’re offering these people.  The great majority of them are destitute and culturally it’s not an easy transition.  These aren’t relatively well educated Syrians or Iraqis who were like mechanics or  something.  People who at least on some level would recognize life here.  I mean this is an issue that needs to be considered.  

the people who are obviously in danger - the people who could be identified as collaborators - of course should be able to come here.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not necessarily an automatic that an Afghan would be a Democratic vote.  Extremely conservative culture as we all know. 

like I said before.  I don’t really understand the knee jerk impulse some liberals are espousing about setting up a mass immigration program for Afghans.  I don’t oppose Afghans coming here but I don’t understand what we’re offering these people.  The great majority of them are destitute and culturally it’s not an easy transition.  These aren’t relatively well educated Syrians or Iraqis who were like mechanics or  something.  People who at least on some level world recognize life here.  I mean this is an issue that needs to be considered.  

the people who are obviously in danger - the people who could be identified as collaborators - of course should be able to come here.  

Culturally the US is drastically different from Afghanistan that many of these refugees are going to be uncomfortable here. I'm certain they would rather stay over there but are truly worried about their families. I'm not sure what the best course of action is as their assimilation here will be difficult. I honestly feel bad for them.